73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 03-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 73 Grand Am Value????

Pretty decent looking 73 Grand Am, nothing special, 400, 2 barrel, standard interior and gauges, auto on the floor, nose is broken. Car runs and drives a bit but has been sitting so would not drive before a complete check out.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not an expert, but there is a niche for these cars, and they do look wicked cool. The nose being broken is an issue. You can either search around for a long, long time and then pay through the nose (no pun intended) for a clean original, or you can buy an aftermarket one. I have heard that the aftermarket noses take a bit of work to get them to fit and look right.

There is a small site for GA lovers, grandamregistry.com so maybe you could go there and see what people think. I believe there is a '73-77 A-body site as well, though the name escapes me at the moment. I think Scott W from this site is a member there, so maybe he'll chime in.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:00 PM

There is a niche market for these cars.
The original nose was made a of a rubbwer compound.
It becomes brittle with time. My 73 facis was inside for 23 years. I removed it from the frame work holding it and it cracked in many places.
You can purchase a complete fiberglass facia from Indesign. web sight is : http://www.grandamparts.com./ it takes a little finessing to get it to fit.
If your car has been hit in the front, install time takes longer.
Price on these cars are all over the board. Low milage originals seem to go for around 8-11k on average. Good body projects are from 1500 to 3500 approx. with good deals still to be had.
Is the interioir good?
Does it have a NACA hood?
If it has a clean body, jump on it. Facia from In design is about $580.00.
Most all parts are available for them yet through sites like The grand am registry; e-mail: http://www.grandamregistry.com/new/default.cfm or the Abody sight; e-mail; http://www.abodysite.com/.
Scott W is a major player on the 73-77 A bodies and is a great guy.
He can also help with parts . I can too.

1973 Grand Prix
1973 project X
1991 Sunbird V6 convertible (wifes)
Old 03-17-2006, 07:53 PM

Sounds exactly like my for sale GA....

Old 03-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Senior Chief

Condition is the big factor, if it needs alot of work it will not bring the money just like any other project. The 73-77 crowd is staring to get the attention it deserves so who knows??? I've bought them for as low as $500 for a parts car/ project, to a nice restorable 4-speed car with a completly rebuilt engine for the $2000 to $3000 range. There out there, so keep looking.

Wanted 1977 Can Am forgotten projects or parts cars, other 73-77 Pontiac A-bodys, also 4-speed setup for 73-77 GTO, Grand Ams, CA e-mail me shubedo1@yahoo.com with info. Buy Sell or Trade --------------------------------------
Old 03-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Car does not have a NASA hood, can be had for around $750. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll get you a phone number, etc.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:28 PM

im interested...any pics???