Old 04-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Senior Chief

Default glovebox

Does any one have info or a tip on fixing the hinge on the glove box. Mine is in good shape just the hinge is starting to tear.
also any have tips for fixing cracks in the dash pad,I asked a guy in my area and said to old and would mostly likely make is worse.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Gtolib, I have the same problem on one of my gloveboxes also . I don't know how to fix it but I was going to try a flexible rubber automotive glue. I found this product called Goope It is a all purpose auto sealant ,adhesive. It comes in a tube like toothpaste. I used it for fixing a crack in my clutch linkage rubber boot. I smeared it on like bondo and let dry. It worked perfect,It is flexible and very tough.It is hard to tear once hardened. Haven't tried it on glove box yet but I think I will.
Maybe I'll wait in case some one has a better idea on py .

Old 04-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Senior Chief

thanks for the for the reply,, is that the same stuff used to fix new car bumper covers?

Old 04-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question What year?

I have an extra '69 piece. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Senior Chief

Gtolib
The Goope stuff that I have says all purpose, bumper,trim,weather strip,etc. Haven't tried any other product but i'm sure there is others. If it doesn't work I guess we'll have to find a replacement glovebox.