Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Carb Intake recomendations...

Well i got passed my rottem fule line issue and after some carb tuning ect the car runs TONS better but still not 100%...I know going to a TH350 form the ST300 which the trans shop said should be ready for install in several days will make a major jange in the way the car drives but the carb setup is bugging me...
Its a 68 bird with a mostly stock 350 with its stock 4 bbl intake. The guy i got the car from had ditched the quadrajet in favor of a little Holley 600..Its a vac secondaries electric choke (4160 series i think) and a stupid adapter plate....I am deciding if i should pull the intake and carb infavor of an Edelbrock package or buy an nice reman quadrajet with electric choke from summit (SUM-210200 or SUM210202)??? I know the Edelbrock package is a weight savings and the carbs hold tune realy well but its quite a few more ducks than a carb...Anyone run one of these carbs??? Advice and oppions woul be great.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:29 AM

still look for some info....

Old 06-10-2006, 01:29 PM

Put a properly rebuilt and calibrated Q-jet carb back on it, keep the factory intake. It will run better and get better fuel economy than any of the other carbs you mentioned, the factory intake is equal to or better than the Performer intake.

Most every 'reman' Q-jet has been ruined by the rebuilder, big mistake if you buy any generic rebuild no matter what carb it is. I would suggest you contact Cliff Ruggles ruggles@ecr.net and get on the list as he is very busy, he is the best when it comes to Q-jet performance builds.