Old 01-14-2007, 11:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to som2002

My Dad's 64 has had this same problem since we restored it. We thought it was unique to his, but it sounds like a common issue I guess. I'll pass these tips on to him.

www.fquick.com/som2002
Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Suspended

sounds like the mystery of the popping dipstick is solved.i asked my wife if i could put my dipstick in backwards,i just got a dirty look!i thought it was worth a try,it worked for you guys.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:07 PM

Default I had the same problem years ago

To All,

Another thing to consider when the dipstick continues to pop out of the tube. Can there be cylinder (compression) pressure building up more than the PVC can handle (higher RPM's) that would increase the pressure within the lower end thus pushing the dipstick out of the tube.

I mention this because it happened to me in this scenario. Previously someone rebuilt the engine and did not remove the ridge at the top of the cylinder wall. When revving the engine, the rings cracked when impacting the ridge thus allowing more cylinder pressure into the lower end..the rest was history. Engine itself was ok thankfully and I learned my lessons!

Brian

Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Suspended

If you shove it in hard enough it will brake off. No fun!