Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

IMO Bumper Boyz reputation (not great) is well founded. I would not consider them.

I had Tri City Plating do front & rear for my 57 chev few years back and more recently they did frt and rear for my 61 Catalina. All four bumpers turned out very well and I'm satisfied. I think I paid around $950. inc.tx. for the Catalina bumpers and that was last year. Mine are not show chrome but I'm still quite happy with the results........................

Jerry

Old 08-14-2007, 02:04 PM

hmm
I have recromed bumpers with tri city plating for 6 years now
exellent to deal with,always your own bumper back except for one to a 67(my fault)
beening a swede makes it not easy if you have to take them back if somethings happens but so far so good
need to buy a couple of extra 65-66 cores so if someone has cores for sale......please let me know
regards stig

Old 09-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Still recovering over the shock after talking to Paul's Chrome on the phone today about re-plating my 63 Catalina bumpers. Paul's just happens to be about a two hour drive from my house so figured what i saved on shipping both bumpers i might make up at least some of the difference in their high prices. While i've heard nothing but good about this shop and knew they were somewhat pricey i actually laughed out loud when they quoted me $1500 for the front and $1300 rear. I did tell them i had two small 1/2" dings in the front bumper but i think i'll spend a couple hours on the phone, narrow my choices down to a more reasonable price range and then choose one with the better references.

Paul

Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pauls got to big for their britches. I was quoted $1200 for my rear tail panel, $350 each for the headlight doors, and the same $1500 for the front and $1300 for the rear. The are very proud of their services. I guess I would have to be a member of the powerblock, my classic car, or legendary motorsports to get a real price on chroming. I heard of a place here called Austell plating, they did the bumpers, headlight doors, and tailpanel on that 65 you see all over collector car trader for $11.5 K the tan on and the chrome is very good on each parts and he said he had a grand in all of it.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

whoops.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm restoring my other car, a '54 Bel-Air. What do you guys think of Tri-City Plating in TN? Whats the differance in their show chrome vs driver chrome? How long it lasts, shine, type of metals, prep...?? They're not too far from here and their prices are reasonable. How is bumper straightening done? How does a bumper shop know what the bumper is supposed to look like?

thanks, Chip

White '67 LeMans 407/TH350/Ford 3.89... RIP
Red '67 LeMans. 407/TH400/Ford 3.25
Old 09-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Senior Chief

Tri-City Plating is excellent. $375 for rear using my core + $40 shipping

Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone have a phone number and address for Tri-City?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Senior Chief

Here is the contact information for Tri-City Plating:

Tri-City Plating Co., Inc.
218 E. Mill St.
Elizabethton, Tennessee 37643
1-800-251-7536.

http://www.tricityplating.com/

Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the info... looks like a road trip to drop off some bumpers.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Chief

Okay, just to make it clear, $375 was for rear 1970 GTO bumper NOT full size. This was last November using my very good core.

Al