Old 09-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 84 Trans Am Laredo?

My business parter's neighbor has a black t-top 84 Trans Am Recaro for sale. 305 auto.

I have never heard of ths model before. What makes it a Laredo? and are they special or in demand? I'd be looking to flip the car if I can buy it right.

Thanks, John

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Last edited by GTO JOHN; 09-11-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you sure he doesn't mean Recaro? There was a Recaro edition Trans Am made in '84 that was monotone black with thin gold striping above the ground effects and a tan interior with front Recaro seats.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Laredo?? That sounds like some mid seventies GMC pick up option.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Recaro T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dens71TA
Are you sure he doesn't mean Recaro? There was a Recaro edition Trans Am made in '84 that was monotone black with thin gold striping above the ground effects and a tan interior with front Recaro seats.

Yes, it is a Recaro T/A. I looked at it today. 46,000 act miles 305 HO auto, T-tops, Black/Tan. Gold Snowflake wheels. Didn't get pics but the car is very clean.

Any idea what these are worth?

John

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 09-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would say its worth in the $3,000-$5,000 range. Might get a little more if you find the right buyer and it's their dream car. 3rd-gens are still not high dollar cars especially the early years with CrossFire and carb'ed engines.

There is no production numbers on the '84 Recaros but they are seldom seen. The '82 and '83 are the most common. Pontiac limited the Recaro editions to 2000 units but I doubt there were anywhere close to that many made in '84. Maybe in another five years some of the 3rd-gens will finally start to have some collector value.