Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Senior Chief

Default Who would buy Fire Am Decals?

As you know, those of us who are restoring or restifying Fire Ams have been frustrated by the fact that the decals are no longer available and are not reproduced. Inquiries to Phoenix Graphix produced this response on Trans Am Country; more recent inquirers have been told that the owner has decided not to do them:

[quote author=PhoenixGraphix link=topic=6073.msg89469#msg89469 date=1196404725]
Fire Am is an interesting project. It is however extremely difficult to produce (even with today's technology) due to the numerous colors and that the material exceeds a typical 48" width.
Our position has never been to garner funds from the public (enthusiasts) to produce a project. Presales if you will. While we are capable of this project too many factors are involved for too few a quantity.
A large company has contacted us on this very isssue and we declined. This was based upon having to charge roughly $500+ per kit and required sales greater than a dozen units in the first year. I don't feel these parameters can be achieved but if misconceptions are wrong and a dozen+ units are a slam dunk we would welcome researching this further.
Even with the above met; limitation to one-style and color-combination kit could exist.
Keep in mind that there still remains other "powers stronger than I" that would still have the last word.
I tried for a short explanation but sad news deserves justification.
Always respectful,
Brian
[/quote]

However, it seems possible that if enough interest is shown, Phoenix Graphix might change its mind about producing them, and, even if they don't, somebody else might be willing to approach Herb Adams, who owns the copyright, to get permission to produce them again.
At this point, nobody is making them, and nobody is committing to make them. But if you would seriously be willing to buy a set, on the understanding that it would probably cost more than $500 and be limited to the "classic" set with the multi-coloured bionic Firebird, please respond to this post below.
When enough people have shown interest (and it would have to be more than a dozen, probably a couple dozen or more) I will bring this to the attention of Phoenix Graphix to see if we can change their minds.

1978 WS6 W72 4 Speed Trans Am - Martinique Blue on Light Blue - Fire Am Restification Project
1972 4-Speed 455 HO Trans Am - Original Cameo White on Blue car - Restoration Project
Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It'd depend on the color, really. I'd be interested in a set of yellow decals (black car), but I don't think I'd want any other colors. $500 plus would be tough to justify, but if that's what it'd take I'd go for it.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A friend of mine do a small one for the rear spoiler on the '79. He did this with commercial decal/sticker machine with a scan from a VSE catalog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0027.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	125352  

Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

have you tried approaching ralph at stencils and stripes?