Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 08-24-2004, 09:07 AM

The whitewalls are a different mold, and if they had any lines, they'd come off when the black rubber is buffed off anyway. Just an FYI, the white rubber is laid under the black rubber as it is molded, but I'm sure most everybody here knew that. Thanks again guys for letting me be part of your forum.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 AM

I am confused. If radial lines are caused by vents in the molds and should be the mark of a well-produced tire, why don't all modern radials that are "well produced" have them?

When Patrick refers to redlines that are vulcanized onto a modern steel belted radial as being glued on or retread style tire, either he isn't familiar with vulcanization, the process used in the manufacture of new tires or he isn't familiar with the process used by Diamondback to make their redlines.

Diamondback Classics is very open and factual about how their redlines are made and who and where they are made. Their customers are allowed to tour their factory in Conway, SC and watch redlines being vulcanized on to the modern steel belted radial.

Remember, the comments about a well made tire comes from the same people who state in their catalog on page 5, "The amount of weight required to balance a tire and wheel assembly seldom is an indicator of tire quality."

If Patrick has concerns about the quality of Diamondback Classics' tires he should talk with Corky Coker. Corky has purchased 17" Diamondback whitewalls for Jay Leno to run on his 572 Buick Roadmaster.

Patrick, just for the record, according to the DOT numbers of BFG Silvertown radials, where are they made and by whom? Be specific, no more vague comments like "made in a Michelin licensed factory."

Old 11-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Senior Chief

Default Cokers???

I have the coker redline radial on my 66 gto,and i'm not happy at all with the "performance".The day I put them on the car they where bad luck!Not even 15 miles and a nice gash on the inside side wall??Thats when I was able to see that the side wall is as thin as a bicycle tire.No Joke!Ok i say bad luck $188 later and a tire in the garbage pail .I can't get rid of the VIBRATION.Made in Mexico says it all.I'm now looking into Diamond backs.At shows and hangs outs I tell people who ask,Stay away from the Cokers!Sorry Pat nothing personal.The ride ? the car rides like a boat!the side walls are just well,there is no support!Forget about the looks,at this point I never got to that point.I spent close to $1000 for 5 tires that are garbage!I didn't do my homework on that one,shame on me.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Senior Chief

Default Diamond Back's Redline radials.

Althougth these tires have performed OK I have to say the give the car a very hard ride. Anbody experience this? My tires are Dayton and they are for mud and snow...

I wasn't aware of the MS coding. Could that be the reason for the harsh ride?

Joe

1970 GTO Judge, PHS Doc. 4sp, #'s match, Ram Air III
2006 GTO Spice Red. M6,18" wheels, 400 HP LS2

richmondcountypontiac.com

Need High Quality Printing fast and reasonable?
www.farbetterprinting.com

Since 1974
Quotes at: sales@farbetterprinting.com
Old 04-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default DB Classic Indy 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboard
I posted on a thread in another forum that didn't deal with tires so I repost here for some input.
posted June 10, 2004 11:45 AM
Are you guys sure about the quality of Coker tires? I'm looking for red lines and through DB I have to pay an extra $21/tire for shipping and wait 3 weeks.
I have a set of redlines from DB, go with the Indy 500's, they look incredible and stick like glue!!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would buy red lines for my car if they were somewhat more reasonable. I can't justify an additional 50% more over a good set of BFG's for a red stripe. If they would drop the price to around $75-85 I would have bought 3 sets by now.

66 GTO Convertible. LS3-525 HP. Legend LGT700 5-speed, Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes, Ridetech coil over front susp, PMT rear susp, Hotchkis bars, Billet Specialties 18" Dagger's (18X9 rear, 18X8 front).
2002 Ram Air WS.6 convertible Trans Am. Wife's car.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

it seems that some people are confused about diamondback tires. they do not make tires. they are not a manufacturer. they take any tire (if you call them and tell what tire you want, they will get it) and put the classic white, gold or red lines on them by vulcanization. it is cosmetic only and pretty much doubles the price of the tire. in my mind, they are not competing with bias ply original style tires, but offering a different product. i have not had any experience with coker only because they do not offer the size i need, so with all that said, i love my diamondbacks (firestone indy 500's):