Old 05-19-2008, 07:18 PM

Default 1973 400 HP & Torque Ballpark...

Not sure if this is the right forum in which to post this question; so, my apologies ahead of time for all those keeping score...

If anyone has info or can point me to the source of info on stock HP and Torque for a 1973 400 Pontiac engine (could be from a Firebird, Grand Prix, etc.)...I am looking at a car that has a 73 400 motor (the owner was told); so, prior to asking the owner to gather up numbers, etc., can someone kindly ballpark the figures...?

The car is slightly modded with a rebuilt 400 turbo trans, a rebuilt 12 bolt POSI rear with 373 Gears, new Edelbrock 4 barrel, aluminum intake, new mild cam, new dual exhaust, and new ceramic coated headers...I know it will be challenging to guess; but, judging from what little is available that I have read, the 400's in Firebirds to Grand Prix's ranged from 170HP with single exhaust to 250HP with a 4 barrel and duals...Also, the motor was bored over 030...Can I expect more than 250 in HP with the mods and >300 torque....?

Thanks all, and best guesses...