Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Senior Chief

Default Judge jackets

Were the Judge jackets given to the customers who bought Judges or did they have to buy them? Could anybody buy one? Did they only come in one color? A silver jacket with blue stripes would be cool. I thought it would be cool to have one to go with my Judge. Of course they're pretty much non-existent but a very cool. Its neat to see them. I remember seeing a few on Ebay a year or so ago but went for big dollars. I was just curious about them.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A member was selling reproduced versions at one time he had made.
Might try a search and find the thread. He did a really good job on these.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Senior Chief

Really, wow that would be cool. I'll have to search the threads.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Taximan produced the jackets and they are spectacular.
I have one.

1971 GT-37 - 350/M38, Rosewood Metallic/Black
www.GT-37.org
Old 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Suspended

i have a REAL one.size is a medium.may let it go,as i never wear it.it is in very good shape.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
i have a REAL one.size is a medium.may let it go,as i never wear it.it is in very good shape.
Greg, unless there are others in line, I would be interested in the original jacket. Can you send PM with details?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would think that some Judge buyer's were given one with their purchase depending on the dealer. Anyone could buy one in the day if they knew about it. I have an original order form from Pontiac that was included in the '69 performance poster set that you could buy from Pontiac through their magazine ads. For a whopping .30 cents you got four posters including an early prototype Judge, two cool book covers, a Judge jacket order form, a Judge decal and a spec sheet.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPC-WU2 View Post
Taximan produced the jackets and they are spectacular.
I have one.
Ditto and Ditto.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The Judge jackets started out as a marketing promo by Wangers and his ad agency. They used the first one in the ad with the guy standing next to a Judge on a racetrack.

They were then produced and sent, supposedly one per dealer, to Pontiac dealers, along with the 45 rpm Judge record and ad song by Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Sometime in mid - late 1969 they became available to order in the parts department.

Yes, there actually were two different versions. Very similar though.

A certain PY forum member(???) had them duplicated down to the last detail.

Everybody enjoyed them, and they are a great display item !!

P.S. Rumor has it that the PY member found a few smalls, and they will be at Norwalk.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Suspended

taximan,how much are you asking for a jacket?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

to my knowledge all were orange, inline tube has made a few in colors for themselves & i felt what a great idea as a BLACK judge owner would want a black jacket.

There is a small book maybe 6x6 which features all the old ads from the 60s & 70s & it seemed EVERY manufacturer had there own jacket in difff colors, VERY COOL BOOK.

as far as the judge jackets ive seen 2 orange with white reflective THE JUDGE JACKET
& orange & black for the SUPER JUDGE JACKET (Arnie Beswick)
TAXIMAN did a fantastic job of repopping these... i have 3 & thinking of doing in colors

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Senior Chief

Well if someone were to going to reproduce these I'd be very interested. I'd definitely buy one at the 1969 price.lol I think this was a great promo idea. I was going thru my stuff yesterday and found two judge patches. One is like the one I see in the ads and the other is black. Would the black be the one for the Super Judge? How big were the original patches. If anyone would have one they might want to part with I'd be interested in that also.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a bunch of patches.... the super judge patch says super judge

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool My take...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximan View Post
The Judge jackets started out as a marketing promo by Wangers and his ad agency. They used the first one in the ad with the guy standing next to a Judge on a racetrack.

They were then produced and sent, supposedly one per dealer, to Pontiac dealers, along with the 45 rpm Judge record and ad song by Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Sometime in mid - late 1969 they became available to order in the parts department.

Yes, there actually were two different versions. Very similar though.

A certain PY forum member(???) had them duplicated down to the last detail.

Everybody enjoyed them, and they are a great display item !!

P.S. Rumor has it that the PY member found a few smalls, and they will be at Norwalk.
as I have TWO originals from an original dealer and neither say Judge. They were aveilable for @ $20 with Judge, GTO or Firebird patches. Both of mine say GTO. This particular dealer gave one away with every GTO purchase. He had several others but said they got trashed as they wore them to do chores such as feed the horses and stuff on his farm. He also let his three children pick out a promo each year. I bought the remains of that collection several years ago. Nicest piece was a black '67 GTO that his daughter picked out. His sons did what most boys do to model cars. Anyway...that's what he told me about "back in the day." One of my jackets is like new...the other nice, but some wear.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.