67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 PM

Default Hood tach questions

I need some advice and hoping you all can lead me down the right path. I'm looking to buy a 68 firebird hood tach so I can get it painted and on, my problem is it'll probably be an after market one and I would like to know who makes the better product. Just checking on ebay,I believe there are two styles (taller and shorter) the taller earlier 68 and shorter later 68-69, correct me if I'm wrong? I would like the shorter version. I see there are versions with plastic lenses and some with the glass lenses. Have any of you already been through this process? Any venders out there with advice? your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Lenie

Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenie View Post
I need some advice and hoping you all can lead me down the right path. I'm looking to buy a 68 firebird hood tach so I can get it painted and on, my problem is it'll probably be an after market one and I would like to know who makes the better product. Just checking on ebay,I believe there are two styles (taller and shorter) the taller earlier 68 and shorter later 68-69, correct me if I'm wrong? I would like the shorter version. I see there are versions with plastic lenses and some with the glass lenses. Have any of you already been through this process? Any venders out there with advice? your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Lenie
Can't help with regard to the hood tach question...., but the fog/park lamps in the lower valance (Camaro part?) are interesting looking

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lenie,
I moved your thread from where your originally had it posted (Post a picture of your 67 68 69 Firebirds) and posted it here. You should get more responses this way and it won't get lost amongst all of the pictures in the other topic.

Db

Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM

http://firstgenfirebird.org/forums/u...tml#Post135288

Not sure if you can open this link above without being a registered user on FGF-board. There are a lot of pics on two different pages. Just copy and paste them into another folder and you will get them MUCH larger....

There are three other links touching the mentioned topic, too, but being less detailed:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=495520

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=544810

http://firstgenfirebird.org/forums/u...104926&fpart=1

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Thomas

Last edited by Tom-Brandl; 01-10-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the help.
Lenie

Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I got one from performanceyears a few years back for my 68 firefird and I checked it and it worked I did not put it on yet because I;m not done with my car but I had a choice between 5200 and 5500 red line I took the 5500 I think it was about 229.00. I don;t remember if it has a class or plastic lens and I can't check because I'm out on the road working, it comes with a tamplet and all, so you put it in the right location on the hood----BOB

Old 01-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i got a recent PY hood tach and love it.