Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 PM

Default 75 T/A rear bumper

Back bumper 1/4 inch bolts broke that attach rubber bumper to the back quarter panel of car. Have taken the metal strip off since it was rusted and pulling away from the rest of the bumper , put in new bolts and need to know what to use to attach this metal strip back to the bumper. Is there any product available that will adhere to this rubber bumper and metal strip and be able to form it to fit the back quarter panel? Thanks

Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 PM

mine broke, too. I just drilled out the urethane, 1/4 bolts welded to a rod on back side. pulls up nice and tight.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM

Thanks, I have gotten the metal strip out and put new bolts in, carried bumper to my paint and body store buddy and he has the right stuff to attach the strip into the bumper and be able to form the the rubber over the strip as it was before. Thanks for the info. rf

Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 PM

I had new metal plates laser cut out of stainless, then welded new stainless bolts to it. Took them to a buddy who "glued" them back onto the bumper with a two part epoxy.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Default Bumper

Thanks for the info. Have just got car back from the paint shop and will get back on the rear bumper problem. Sounds like an ideal fix. rf