Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

Unhappy new door panels,wrong shade of white,w.t.f.!

got new deluxe door panels from n.p.d,just because there about 20 miles from me,got them home and there a shade off the white that came from the factory,the white thats in my car from the factory, is bright white and the panels i got are a shade duller white.why cant these manufactures make the right sh#t.!I called them and they said thats the only color white they make for that year,its not a bright white like whats in it. any ideas.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Could what's in the car not be aged more and sun bleached? It's amazing how much interior color can shift with exposure to UV rays. I pulled the console out a few weeks ago and the blue of the carpet under the console was much darker than the blue that was exposed. Just a thought.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought an airbrush gun and sprayed my entire interior. I matched the sunvisors and unexposed seat material to the rest of the car(off white).Most cars were off white. I had a dealership mobile leather repair guy help me with the match. This way I can do touchups which are necessary before shows etc. After all its white..

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Not sure its relevant but had the same problem with my white interior on my 72 t/a. Ordered new panels, seatc overs and they were an off white, almost cream color. I complained and they did say that pui makes a whiter white LOL. I ordered this brighter white and then it matched well. They do make some brighter white, you have to search it out.