Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up EXCITING STUFF around on CI Catalog! T/A Dash & Modern Door panels!

While browsing through the Classic Industries Catalog, my eye caught something VERY interisting, actually, on various occasions! I'll start with the first one,

Part Number MD1022

Unfortunately, there is no picture online available.
HOWEVER, if you would open this PDF page: SECTION A, INTERIOR

then you can see a picture!
NOW THAT'S COOL! its WAYYY to much money imho, atleast for now for me, but it DEFINATELY is interesting! It's made out of fiberglass with a GELCOAT finish...it comes as a pair.

there is a version for the 67-69 firebird as well with part number MD1019 thru MD1021.

I think a price of 1000 USD is rediculous, especially since you can get a pair of Year One BRE door panels for 500 USD, but I do enjoy seeing something like this!
Is anybody aware of this product, possibly experienced or knowledged?

NEXT,

My eye caught something even FAR more FUNNNN!!!! and EXCITING!

FINALLY, there is a REPRO of the 70-81 Trans AM alu turned DASHPANEL!
Check out PART NO F170 THROUGH F187,
and you'll see they;re all looking VERY good, and a price of 350 USD for a
BRAND new one doesn't sound bad AT ALL! you can even order the gauge bezels in CHROME for just 50 USD!!

please check out this PDF page for pictures!

Unfortunately, it seems they are not available YET, since they're not in stock. BUT, the fact that they are PICTURED, PRICED & described in the catalog, gets my hopes all up that they WILL be available very soon, THIS YEAR!

Did anybody hear of this and any of the above?

I'm definately going to order a fresh T/A dashpanel with chrome gauge bezels later this year when they come available! I know PY Is working on availability as well and assume that this comes from the same supplier, so it would be logical ordering here, so, do you guys know any more of this?

in the catalog it says somethin like crafted by 'ACP' and some logo in orange, but I cannot find anything through Google....

Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

if CI will have it, so too likely will PY. that said, don't get too excited. anyone recall full 2nd gen door shells being in the catalogs, priced and available soon ohh about 5-6 years ago? guess what you still can't get. i think sometimes the catalog companies pull stunts like that to give the appearance that they're more progressive/aggressive on behalf of the consumer's needs compared to their competitors.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 AM

They have them on the Y1 site with pics they look nice but can only be used with power windows. You could have very nice fiberglass ones made to house aftermarket speakers for a lot less.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 AM

the Trans Am aluminum turned dash bezels were out a couple of years ago. I saw them on a few cars at the Trans Am nationals- looked really nice. Apparently the suppliers had an issue with the manufacturing process and they should be out again soon.