Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 AM

Default Re-wiring prices

Hey guys, anyone know the average cost to re-wire a car if I supplied the harness? Or even if I didn't supply it? I have a 67 Lemans, and am interested in having it completely re-wired. I figured someone here would have experience with this. Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Why not just buy the harness from py and put them in yourself, they are plug and play, direct fit. If u pay someone to repair your harness, it would likely cost more than buying new. I repaired my dash harness in my 64, it probably took me 10 hours to repair. I believe the dash harness is the most expensive, but the tailight, headlamp and engine harness are reasonably priced.

Rick

Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the past I have wired a 57 chevy and a 72 chevelle,and am now in the process of wiring my 69 gto.Est.cost from M&H to replace all harnesses in my gto was $1400,according to thier salesman last year at Car Craft Nats.When i did the 57,I bought a terminated fuseblock from Painless and started wiring,being careful to draw my own schematic as I went.Est cost was about $200.Chevelle was wired using a 21 circuit harness from EZWire,cost about $170 +other stuff added up to about $300 total.Using a Keepitclean harness on the gto,cost will be again about $300,because you will have to build your own taillight harness if you don't want to directly wire to all your lights,etc.(you can make them "plug and play",just get some Packard 56 terminals and use your existing plastic plugs,it will look factory)Both systems come with only power wires to heater,wipers,etc so you will have to make or replace those harnesses,easy to do.The instructions and tech support with EZWire was better than the Keepitclean,IMO.Good luck.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just remember if u go painless or similar system, your labour cost will be higher if u have someone build it for u. If u go M&H harness u could install yourself and be set to go. If u are gonna modify your harness lots, u probably better off with painless or such, M&H is stock appearing harness with some mods available at request at time of order.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Senior Chief

I got mine from M&H, like they all said....plug n play. Very easy to install. Cost me about $500 for all the harnesses (engine, dash, alt conversion) less the tail light and courtesy light ones.