Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Clicking Noise with Brembos on 02 GTP

Fellas I just replaced the front rotors & used new hawk pads. It was a little rough sounding setting the pads & rotors, but that has gone away. Went on a errand run, and after everything was hot started to get the clicking. Now when the brakes are applied there is a clicking sound (metal to metal) from the drivers side. It's in unison with speed, I took it apart checked things out, no weird markings anywhere on the rotor, they are the slotted type. I cleaned everything, and reassembled. For the first few miles no clicking, then it came back when everything was hot. I went to see my buddy, x Pontiac dealer mechanic now a HS tech teacher, and we changed the front bearings and Pass axle. Still have the noise. I figure it has to be the rotors, but I can't swap rotors side to side to check them as they are directional. Should I just get a set of factory replacement rotors & swap them in? Sorry for the long post, Dave K.