Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Distributor interference....I think

I am experiencing interference in my radio during WOT and after when using the audio input on the radio. I am thinking it could be coming from the distributor. I have a high output alt and with the internal regulator. I did the conversion that has no wires running to the external reg. Any ideas on tracing this interference? Thanks

Old 07-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Take it for a short drive with the alternator unhooked. Then you'll know if it's from charging or ignition.
I'd say do it setting still but don't know how much WOT it takes.

And dont go to far without tools to hook the alternator back up and a set of booster cables.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Update ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by "QUICK-SILVER" View Post
Take it for a short drive with the alternator unhooked. Then you'll know if it's from charging or ignition.
I'd say do it setting still but don't know how much WOT it takes.

And don't go to far without tools to hook the alternator back up and a set of booster cables.
Thank you Quick-Silver!!!!!!! Although I did not take that ride the the alternator unhooked, your idea made me take another look at the way I had my alt hooked up. When I first installed my internal regulated alt I followed rewiring outline suggested by GT182, George K and yourself.

Somewhere along the line I got the dumb idea to wire the alt another way that I read about some place. ( Lesson re-learned If it ain't broke don't fix it!) The second way had an jumper "hot" wire that ran from the "R" connector on the alt to the "batt" on the alt! It worked fine.....until I installed the converted stock radio. I rewired the alt following the WallaceRacing diagram........and no more interference when car is running or when the blinker is used..........!!!! Very happy Now!!!

Thanks guys!!!!