Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 AM

Exclamation brake question

ok i have a 1966 gto hardtop. i am wanting to convert to power disk brakes. the doner car i have is a 1970 monte carlo. the question i have is will the brake booster bolt up to the 66 along with the spindals with out any mods other than changing out the port valve? mostly wandering is the booster will work or is 66/67 differnt on the firewall

Old 09-28-2009, 09:34 PM

Everything will bolt on including the booster to the firewall.

However the large 11" booster won't clear the inner fender. Starting in 1967 the 11" boosters were first being used along with the dual master cylinders, the inner fender on the driver's side has a larger depression stamped into it than on the 1966 inner fender so it will clear the larger booster.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 PM

so it will bolt up and work other than the inner fender not clearing. so,if i got a 67 inner fender, will it bolt up to the 66? or i can modify the 66 inner fender?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Everything will bolt up.

You can hammer on your '66 inner fender a bit, or replace it with a '67 inner fender.

Check for clearance first, but I do know that when I tried the 11" booster on one of my '64s it hit the inner fender. I decided to run a manual master cylinder instead of power and I've been perfectly happy with manual front disc brakes.