Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 PM

Default Live Pictures of my GTO

A little shakey glimt of my car on Power Big meet Sweden, with my son and EX in the rear seat. Season over here but went out for a spin yesterday 5 C +.Svante 400 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JTJsKUCjhE

Last edited by Svante 400; 11-02-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Forgot Link
Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a Super GREAT looking car man!!!! The color is outstanding. Great job. Its almost time to put mine away to, top is up for those last few rides. I refuse to stop driving till the white sh!t starts.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So you guys actually 'cruise' at your cruise nights.I'd rather do that than just sit in a lawn chair.We have 'car shows' and 'cruise-ins' and 'cruise nites'.No actual 'cruising' takes place though.Doesn't make sense to me to use the word 'cruise' when all the cars are parked.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatman65 View Post
So you guys actually 'cruise' at your cruise nights.I'd rather do that than just sit in a lawn chair.We have 'car shows' and 'cruise-ins' and 'cruise nites'.No actual 'cruising' takes place though.Doesn't make sense to me to use the word 'cruise' when all the cars are parked.
Reminds me of the old question; "Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?"

Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Svante,

Good to hear from you! I'm impressed with the amount of fun you're having over there, and with the quality of the cars!

All the Best,
Bob

"It won't take long, and it won't cost much."
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is some seriously nice American Iron at that meet. Amazing, considering that the show is in Sweden.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatman65 View Post
Yes,we do almost every town in Sweden has its own Cruising day generally the week ends.They divert the lokal traffic around so we got the centerstrip for ourself combine with feast activities as dressed as the 50`s and the 60`s,markets with spareparts and food and beertents,usually packed with people. We do park for a while so lokals can inspect our work, and often we get Prices for work so called Peoples choise and more. I got 1 Price at Pontiac all day in Stockholm. You can browse around and look for more cruisings in Sweden by looking on a map of Sweden and pick out any town name and search on U-tube, for example Falun Cruising 2009. Watch and enjoy. Thanks for all the positive feedback boys,going out with her today 7c+ sunny outside no white sc-t. Svante 400

Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice looking GTO.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Svante, amazing how many Muscle cars hide in Europe..I say hide, 'cuz every time I'm there, they're nowhere in site...:-) Glad you are also driving them up until the first snowflake comes down...Hope you get a few more weeks of decent fall weather...Remember to keep the top down (even if you have to put the heater full blast!)...LOL!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz View Post
Svante, amazing how many Muscle cars hide in Europe..I say hide, 'cuz every time I'm there, they're nowhere in site...:-) Glad you are also driving them up until the first snowflake comes down...Hope you get a few more weeks of decent fall weather...Remember to keep the top down (even if you have to put the heater full blast!)...LOL!
Hi Rob, are you often in Europe?, if so let me know next time,you and all other forum GTO freaks have a standing invitation to my place lots of beds and a central location in middle Sweden to the best Cruising events,best time to visit to see the biggest shows is 1/7-1/8. Today some small snowflakes started to fall,when the salt trucks are visibal
on the road,thats the end.Ps did you visit Sweden?.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh68gto View Post
That is a Super GREAT looking car man!!!! The color is outstanding. Great job. Its almost time to put mine away to, top is up for those last few rides. I refuse to stop driving till the white sh!t starts.
HI Dominic, thanks, yours isnt bad either shines as an opal,NIICE!!!, is it a total resto?Svante 400

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svante 400 View Post
Hi Rob, are you often in Europe?, if so let me know next time,you and all other forum GTO freaks have a standing invitation to my place lots of beds and a central location in middle Sweden to the best Cruising events,best time to visit to see the biggest shows is 1/7-1/8. Today some small snowflakes started to fall,when the salt trucks are visibal
on the road,thats the end.Ps did you visit Sweden?.
Was many times there (but not in the last 5 years)...mostly France, Holland, Switzerland, or Belgium, as I have friends/family there...I was supposed to go to Sweden for work to visit my customer, Ericsson, but never had the chance since...Thanx for the invite...I will keep it in mind once I convince the family to visit Sweden for its beautiful landscape...

Old 11-04-2009, 11:47 AM

Default Wild Night Cruising in Falun SWEDEN

A example of whats very popular at cruise nights in Sweden, all spectators specially the kids screams everytime a muscle car passes" BURNOUT BURNOUT" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCaT_2AmG8 also some slow cruisings http://video.google.co.uk/videosearc...8&sa=N&tab=iv#

Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svante 400 View Post
HI Dominic, thanks, yours isnt bad either shines as an opal,NIICE!!!, is it a total resto?Svante 400
Frame on resto, by yours truly. My first muscle car and resto. She was in really bad shape, only thing saved from the body panels is the deck lid... Thank you for the kind words. That pic in the sig is just a crappy cell pic. Everyone thinks its a red color in pics but its a burned orange rust color.

What size wheels did you go with? I want to go 17 or 18 torq trust II and drop the stance a bit, but undecided.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh68gto View Post
Frame on resto, by yours truly. My first muscle car and resto. She was in really bad shape, only thing saved from the body panels is the deck lid... Thank you for the kind words. That pic in the sig is just a crappy cell pic. Everyone thinks its a red color in pics but its a burned orange rust color.

What size wheels did you go with? I want to go 17 or 18 torq trust II and drop the stance a bit, but undecided.
HI Dominic, I have TT II 15/8 on rear and 15/7 in front with 255/60SR15 tires rear and 215/60SR15 on front. Very nice work considering all the metal work you done,must have been a heavy task in the beginning, but look att her now there is the reward+ from the neckturners comments when you slowly OR fast driving bye.Svante 400.

Last edited by Svante 400; 11-04-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: WRONG name sorry