THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:53 PM

To stay out of jail -- couldn't keep her off her boss or out of the bars while I was home raising HER two kids 12 and 10 years old and our 5 yr old by myself ---- then I met a hot chick into cars and decided I had to have her instead so DIVORCED

Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Senior Chief

She had an affair at work. It was tough at first, still is not final should be with in a month. Im happier now. Have to buy out her equity in the house. I raised her two child with no child support from her X and now I get to pay her money after she jumps in the sack with someone from work. Aint life F@&KING GREAT. Yeah I guess Im still a little bitter.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 PM

I'll tell you why Tray's mom and I split up in a couple yrs.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Her boyfriend.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mine left for someone else, and was seeing someone else behind his back. She had been cheating for years, then after the custody hearing I had a DNA test done, found out the youngest daughter wasn't mine. She didn't have anything to say about that. Then wouldn't grant me divorce for ten years, (two years after my girlfriend and I broke up), then last year she married the guy she left me for. What made me mad the night she left she stole my truck, took me three days to get it back, and left a blonde haired blue eyed 18 year old at the house, we were together for eight years. Glad I didn't marry her now, after all she put me through. Now I've been by myself for the last five years, so now it's me, my GTO, Grand Prix, and my guns. Now if I can find one that will put up with me and all the above along with my fishing. Not llikely.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W.Dille View Post
and left a blonde haired blue eyed 18 year old at the house, we were together for eight years.
You shacked up with her daughter for eight years? Hilarious!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmanmitch View Post
You shacked up with her daughter for eight years? Hilarious!
yeah but she wasnt really his
hmm

Old 01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The etymology of the word "divorce" is an interesting one.

No one is quite sure of the first usage of the word, but ancient Aramaic scrolls seem to indicate that it was a process in which a man's wallet was extracted through his genitals.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Senior Chief

My X kept spending. Like charging up $88,000 of credit card debt in 3 years time. I'm not that type of person I was always debt free and lived well below my means my daily driver was a Toronado that I bought from Pick N Pull. My X just spent, spent, spent. I sure didn't see where that $88,000 went to.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Difference in philosphy on raising our daughter.
Mine. My life ended as I new it when she was born.. That meens stay at home, change diapers, clean up puke etc etc etc.
Hers. Go out and have fun.

We are much better freinds now. She remarried and has a 3 year old and a 1 year old.
As our daughter grew older, 16 now she chose to stay with me.
She gets paid by her mom to babysit once in a while.
I am happy. Now if I can get rid of my brother and nephew Life would be perfect.

patrick

Old 01-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The laundry list could be long. Difference in parenting, she's a pathological lair, the two documented boyfriends, she's a pathological lair, the late night partying, she's a pathological lair, she couldn't stop spending, she's a pathological lair oh and did I mention she's a pathological lair?

In the end, I got the big screen, a couple of pieces of furniture and my 66. She got a house full of furniture and the house.

The divorce, even though it was a mild compared to many that I hear about was really painful as I guess most are. Took a couple of years to find myself and figure out how to build a life with my daughter. It took a swift kick in the ass from a close friend to set me straight about a year ago. Everyone needs a friend like that.

Not long after that, I got really lucky and stumbled across Debbie. Wasn't really even looking for anyone. Life is great. We couldn't be happier. Keeping it short, life will for us will move forward in 2010

Last edited by Old Blue 66; 01-15-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 AM

Nailed a stripper.

I regret that.

2008 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 TRD (5.7 381 hp)
1978 Trans Am w/69 428 (343hp/452 FPT)
1999 Black T/A, M6 (allegedly stock 325hp)
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

why'd I get divorced??....wife apparently had ongoing affairs while I was busting my butt. Didnt realize until after I sold my house and she managed to clean me out of EVERYTHING. 3 years later and Im still trying to get back on my feet and get my kids back!!! Absolute hell its been...

Old 01-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't get divorced, just decided to stay with her. I did this because I'm a nice guy, and wouldn't want anyone to have to put up with the crap I've had to in the past 30 years!

Seriously, Deb's a good gal, but has about as many issues as most. A few weeks ago they were having one of those parties at our house, where all her friends come over and they buy kitchen stuff. I came walking in from the shop, and Deb introduced me to the group, and said that they were just talking about how long we had been married, etc, etc.

She says, "tell them honey how we have stayed married all these years?".

I said" you quit getting naked all the time and see how long we stay married"....LOL....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My ex and I make good friends just not good husband and wife. We couldn't agree on anything while married but agree on most things now but if we don't, we can just walk away with no hard feelings. The big plus in all of this is my daughter is so much happier and well adjusted.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Keeping it short, life will for us will move forward in 2010
Do I hear wedding bells ringing? I'm sure every divorced guy who has posted on this thread would just love to congratulate you!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

mine said"car goes or i go"...i really dont miss her!

Old 01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymanjoe View Post
Ha, funny you say that. I had a GF that told me I should quit riding my dirtbike and spend more time with her. Once I told her to hit the door she started crying and said no man had ever rejected her like that. I couldn't quit laughing and told her to leave and lose my number. WOW, she went ballistic after that, I didn't think I would ever get her out of my house. The last time I saw her she was on my front lawn crying and saying how sorry she was for telling me that. Stupid woman.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymanjoe View Post
My X wife told me that about 2 years after we were married and I said there's the door, damned if she didn't stay around for 25 more years to make my life miserable.

Divorced in 2001 after 27 years, and lost most everything I worked my ass off for. My life with my second wife is much better, she supports me all the time, not just when it benefits her. One thing to remember is all the things you have accumulated are stuff, and stuff can come and go. However your own self is what you should really be interested in and not the possessions you have accumulated. Take care of you and no matter what the other party has done don't get hung up on staying mad as it will eat you alive ending up in depression. There is however, life after divorce.

Oh yeah you asked why, my X wife was an alcoholic and a shopaholic and also liked to collect other men when I was out of town or sometimes even when I was in town too. A close friend of both of ours for 20 + years also a counselor, told me she was mentally ill which after stepping back I realize is probably a pretty fair evaluation.

Divorce is HELL and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, Not even my X wife.......LOL

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

After twelve years of marriage, two kids, a mortgage and relocating so she could be closer to her family, she decided one day that she liked crack better than c@ck, so she left me and moved in with her girlfriend.