Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Senior Chief

Default shaker trans-ams filters or pans setup

Hey guys and girls how are you?

I am wondering about anyone running a trans-am with shaker hood. I am curious what air pan, if any, or filter setup you run.

I have a 79 Trans-Am, 455, 6x heads, performer rpm intake, 1/2 spacer, and holley 750. The top of the carb is about equal with the hood. I run an 11" filter that fits inside of my shaker, and I still use a functional shaker that sits on my filter base. All of the air the engine gets comes through the shaker and the 11" filter.

What are your setups, and what do you use?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Larry Navarro has a nice set up that he sells. WFO is the name of his bussiness or you can look him up here on PY.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a WFO shaker setup on top of a torker 2 intake and holley.With a rpm intake and my setup it would work but I'm not sure about a spacer.You may want to check out a "Dude Scoop".

Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I built my own fiberglass drop base air cleaner housing based on the original Blocker design, though greatly inproved. I use it on my 77TA with a RPM intake and a 1/2 inch spacer. Original shaker mounts perfectly and the hood closes with no problem. PM me your e mail address and I can send photos if you want.
Chris