Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That'd be about right......Since I ordered mine, I've switched from d-ports to round ports.....

Have no use for a pair of d-ports....figures...

Old 07-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Jim,

If he wanted to make things right he should give you a set of round ports in the 2'' size or a refund, lets hope he can try and make it up somehow to the guys that he needs to.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lo and behold!!!......I just recieved a phone call from Ron.
Says he wants to do right by the folks he promised headers to.
He's leased a bigger shop and has employed a welder to get his headers produced.
Also some improvements have been made to the collector shape and the port openings at the mounting flange have been modified to create a uniform shape which matches the exhaust port on the heads.
Folks who figured they'd been ripped-off, may now feel a little better knowing that Ron is making another attempt to fulfill those orders.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I hope he kept good records on who he owed to and what was ordered. In case he's reading this, I ordered a set of coated D-ports for my '65 GTO. Btw my address has changed from what it was when I originally paid for my headers in 2005!

1967 Firebird 400 bench seat, deluxe interior, auto
1965 GTO 462, KRE unported D-port heads, Bullet 234/244 cam, th400, tight 10" converter, 3.73 gears, 87 octane, 3440 lbs. empty,1.59 60ft, 7.159@95.33 (1/8), a real daily driver, been totaled, rolled 3 times, hit a tree airborne.
1961 Catalina 2 door htp
1960 Ventura 4 door htp wife's car
1960 B'ville 2 door htp
1960 Catalina Wagon wife's car too
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well actually the headers wont do me any good now as the car they were to go on was sold over 3 years ago. But I have nothing to show for the hard earned money I paid him in October 2004 so anything is better than nothing. A full refund of my money would be the right thing to do. Jim

Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Goat View Post
I hope he kept good records on who he owed to and what was ordered. In case he's reading this, I ordered a set of coated D-ports for my '65 GTO. Btw my address has changed from what it was when I originally paid for my headers in 2005!
As a matter of fact he does have records on who he owes headers to.
So he should be making an effort to contact those individuals.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good for Ron. Hope everything works out.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 PM

Ron just delivered my headers, and they look pretty darn good! I should be able to post pics later today or tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is obviously demand, hopefully he can get the project restarted and make a profit too!

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Pics as promised. I'm not such a great photographer, so if anyone wants a pic of a specific detail please let me know.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...i-y%20headers/

Old 07-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzCat View Post
He did say that his email address had been hijacked recently.
How many other humans have you ever met that actually had their email address hijacked? What does that mean anyway? How does that work? Do you have to pay a ransom? Who the hell would want to hijack an email address? Is it that famous and valuable? Think about that for a minute. Maybe just picked up a spambot while smutsurfing LOL

1. HIJACKED! something was done to him, elicits sympathy

2. HIJACKED! Implies email is gone so cant be held responsible for answering emails or contacting anyone.

3. HIJACKED! No need to try to contact him, his email has been hijacked and taken away somewhere.

Heres hoping the hijackers return his email and all will be well.

Last edited by BVR421; 07-23-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Look....let's not beat a dead-horse. Flaming the guy isn't doing anything for anybody.
The guy has come forth in good faith to honor his commitment.....better late than never.
I for one, am out my original H-O headers that I had loaned him 5 years ago to get the project started and for that, I am promised a new set of the one he's producing now. I told him not to worry about my stuff, just do right by the others first.
Anyway, Ron emailed some pics of his shop......header jig, mandrel bender, tooling and his welder getting things together.
I know it's difficult guys but let's think positive and give him some support.
I'm glad he's not a politician......they are the best at screwing folks over and never feel they've done people wrong.

Last edited by Larry Navarro; 07-23-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 PM

"How many other humans have you ever met that actually had their email address hijacked?"
This happened to my wife a couple years ago, and she eventually had to change her email address.

"What does that mean anyway? How does that work?"
"Hijacked" was the term that came to my mind when he described what had happened to his email account. I should have used the term "spoofed", more info here http://www.mailsbroadcast.com/email....l.spoofing.htm

I got the impression from Ron that this was a recent thing for him, and he wasn't using it as an excuse for the past few years of non-communication.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

xyz

Last edited by BVR421; 07-23-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: deleted, my comments not relevant
Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzCat View Post
Pics as promised. I'm not such a great photographer, so if anyone wants a pic of a specific detail please let me know.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...i-y%20headers/
Excellent!
Ron, make good on the other orders, then get going on your RA-V (and CV-1's) project. A lot has changed since you were an "active" part of the Pontiac aftermarket. I know you've been following things, and I can see a great potential for your company.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Navarro View Post
Look....let's not beat a dead-horse. Flaming the guy isn't doing anything for anybody.
The guy has come forth in good faith to honor his commitment.....better late than never.
I for one, am out my original H-O headers that I had loaned him 5 years ago to get the project started and for that, I am promised a new set of the one he's producing now. I told him not to worry about my stuff, just do right by the others first.
Anyway, Ron emailed some pics of his shop......header jig, mandrel bender, tooling and his welder getting things together.
I know it's difficult guys but let's think positive and give him some support.
I'm glad he's not a politician......they are the best at screwing folks over and never feel they've done people wrong.
Yes give the guy a chanse!.
He IS willingly and shows he whants to make right. and i sure can need a good 2 inch primary header with lots of ground clearense.Larry can you remember if those Tri-Y headers would gave more botom end, but lost some on the top end!!!. i like to know because im getting a high hp high rpm engine.....

Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just to reiterate from above, I had my email hijacked. What they did was check my incoming emails and started to use passwords on my various accounts, since they knew from incoming emails what accounts I had like Paypal, ebay etc. It does happen, and they were lucky and guessed my password for my Paypal account.

Lets give Ron a chance, how many guys have fallen on thier face in life. Did you quit, no I suspect you got back up and tried again. Ron will need new sales to make this comapny work, he has an excellant product, and there is demand.

Talking with Ron recently and his dyno numbers show great potential in the upper rpm ranges. Rule of thumb was tri-y only helps in the low to mid range rpm, but not the case.
I am sure when everything gets going, he will share his numbers to prove the potential of the tri-y headers.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BOP also has a horse in this race. We sent exhaust flanges and $ with the promise of headers in return. Are you for real Ron? Call me...

www.bopengineering.com
Old 07-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tri-Y shop.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New_shop1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	212958   Click image for larger version

Name:	New_shop_2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	212959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pass_side_A-body_header_complteted.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	212960  

Old 07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe Ron needs a website to promote his shop and headers once the back orders are fulfilled? Something like theYman.com ? hmmmm.

Closed Thread