Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
From my 2006 post. I hope you can get it right this time but your business model seems to be the same as last time. Taking money from a new order to finish an old order!
Are you being intentionally obtuse? Ron has no business model right now dude! He has a conscience, and is the type of guy who will loose sleep every night until he makes things right with every single person that he owes headers to. The "easy" road for him would have been to do nothing. I think the "easy" road would have killed him! I've been convinced for years that Ron would make good, no matter how long it took. I'm glad to see I'm being proven right! Way to go Ron!!!!!

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Senior Chief

Wow,
I just got off the phone with Ron Watt. I was out mowing the front grass and my daughter said some guy called about your headers? I haven't been on in a few months and headers were the last thing on my mind but Thanks for the call Ron and I'm glad you did do the right thing. I have seen your headers and they are very good and I hope you get some support here so everyone including Larry Navarro get their headers and if there is something I can do to help let me know.
Thanks Contos20 "James" for ordering your headers so I can have mine completed and sent. Very Cool

1971 Grand Prix 462ci SD Performance 6x heads
1962 Catalina 389
1968 Firebird 400-455 I haven't decided

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Jim Moshier; 08-04-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
Are you being intentionally obtuse? Ron has no business model right now dude! He has a conscience, and is the type of guy who will loose sleep every night until he makes things right with every single person that he owes headers to. The "easy" road for him would have been to do nothing. I think the "easy" road would have killed him! I've been convinced for years that Ron would make good, no matter how long it took. I'm glad to see I'm being proven right! Way to go Ron!!!!!
X2!! Ron sacrificed much for building these things and it bit him in the butt. I think it takes a lot of character for him to show up again and make things right for people he owed.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxman View Post
I understand why there are a lot of hard feelings, but you have to appreciate someone that will do his best to make it right, instead of filing "bankruptcy" and having a fresh start at the expense of many.
I don't see where he mentioned it, but Ron told me that he did have to file for bankruptcy yet didn't include anyone waiting for headers in the filing. He could have easily washed his hands of the whole thing and said "oh well, sorry!" Instead he decided to keep at it and fulfill his obligations. The world could sure use some more people like that.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I haven't bought headers so I don't have a dog in this fight. I've known of Ron locally as a fellow Pontiac'er for a few years. I visited Ron's header shop a couple of times recently and observed completed headers, sets of headers in the process of being made, fabrication equipment and welders, and the components to make them such as tubing, flanges, etc. I can tell you that the fabrication process is far more complex than I had imagined yet he is able to pretty much single handedly crank out headers.

He obviously isn't getting rich off this endeavor, in fact by committing to fill all previous orders he absolutely must make new header sales in order just to fund shipping. I know not everyone supports the "sponsor" header purchase arrangement but if everyone who paid for headers ultimately gets their product I think that is what matters in the long run. I applaud Ron for committing to supply headers to all who have paid rather than taking the easy way out.

I just wanted forum members and potential customers to know his shop is indeed real, headers are being produced NOW, and they are far more impressive in person than in photos.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron get a first gen in and build me a set!!!

Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Craig. I remember when I was 18-19ish that H/O Racing was the first place I had heard of that helped us poor lonely Pontiac teens that were stuck in a Chevy/Ford world with no good info. I have great respect for both you & Ken.

Yes the H/O tri-y's were & still are a great product (both D & O-ports) & its to bad they didn't keep selling. I would have loved to have just purchased a set or two & been done with it. It was good speaking with you many times in the first run about headers turbos & Pontiac's in general.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

aronhk,
Thanks, I tried E-bay before & thats a joke. Part of the problem is that most of the Pontiac community associate a tri-y as the same as a 3-tube header because of tri & 3.

Thanks John, Jim & Wick

Fritz is correct on the BK. Any Bk as far as I know is part of public records so it could easily be confirmed by any skeptic.

Batman has come by a checked on me. Ironically I called my new shop the Bat Cave before I ever met him. So I think its coincidental that Batman is the only one with the knowledge of the location of my bat cave.

David OK, OK, relax would you I told you the 1st gen jigs & patterns will be dusted off after Im caught up & can do the final test fits.......Geeze.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lets get this part straight though, for everyone that dose not know or followed this ordeal enough to know.

73TA,
I shouldn't even attempt to respond to you posts & its taken a lot of thinking on whether or not I would look bad for posting or not. But I have come to the conclusion that I should stand up for myself.

You & the cheerleaders for Doug's have had free run of the mouth since you thought I would never come back & be able to set the BS straight.

If it wasn't in part for your selfishness this could have or would have been done a long time ago. What, Who, Huh? Ya, thats right. Now if I don't risk looking like a jerk defending myself everyone would have no choice but to believe your posts that are not only to be misleading but also to try & demonize me.

You have no steak in this except to bash me. Maybe you could find something better to do like keeping your hypocritical comments that don't do any good for anyone but your own ego.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron, I just found this thread and read everything since its resurection. I must say I am truly surprised and impressed that you are so dedicated to making this right. I am sure that this is the first time I have ever seen this happen.

Good luck getting caught up. Hopefully you'll be able to make enough money to buy some of Lynn's brand new Ram Air V parts to replace the stuff you sold. With a handle like Tunnelport, you really need to have some V stuff on your ride!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way, I still want the Coated, 67 GTO, 4-speed, d-port tri-ys with slip on collectors. If you can do the turbo style v-band connectors on the collectors, that would be even better.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
**From this point forward, NO bashing, NO "he should", nothing, from anyone.**

Failure to do so, can result in a warning, and suspension of posting privileges.

If Ron owes you headers, money or anything else, you may send him a PM (and please copy me as well) with your real name, product owed and any other info you might have that is relevant. Again, no threats in the PM's either, please.

He's trying to make things right, that's a lot more than he had to do, so lets give him some time and see what happens.

Thank you, David
Performance Years Moderator
<<<< >>>>

Old 08-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If any of the potential customers are worried about him delivering, I have an original set of Tri-Y D port auto headers (the one's made by Doug's)- they are coated w/ VHT black, never fired- that I will sell to you at whatever Ron's current price is(any shipping difference is extra). I'll sponsor someone w/ the sales money and trust Ron to deliver a new set to me.
Any takers? If so, PM me

Old 08-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok, Jim moshiers D-ports & contos20's O-port headers are now ready for shipping & emails have been sent. These took longer than I wanted only because the guy that is my welder had some personal issues that were not related to quality.

Also I spent the week trouble shooting the bender with my electrician because it was not powering up only to find that it was just a bad safety switch. So now its working fine & ready to bend again. Thats good because before I moved I bent a good amount of bends just in case something happened on set up. Im glad I did because I got all the way down to just enough for one more header & I was panicking because of that dang switch.

Im starting two more sets tomorrow & will be contacting them in the next few days.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron, it sounds like you have a good thing going now. Good for you man.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok guys, stay tunned in because tonight Im posting a few pics of the headers that are by far the best you've seen yet!!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't know, my Hedman 3 tubes were bitchin'.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron, could you PM me about my set? I was wondering where I am in the pipeline.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbanger View Post
Ron, could you PM me about my set? I was wondering where I am in the pipeline.
Me too......when you get time please, Ron....

Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok here's the pics I got you all sitting around waiting for LOL . They are with there high tech card board coating. They look great in a box dont they. Only thing missing is the big brown truck (tomorrow)
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Closed Thread