Old 08-29-2010, 01:46 PM

Default 67 lemans /GTO clone driving project

--I took this car in trade on my 70's Corvette not long ago and am losing money at this price. The car has a pile of new panels and parts-suspension, heating system, wiper motor ,all new GTO Qtrs and TL panel. New GTO bumpers, floors, I + O rockers, trunk floor, Car has GTO hood w a New repro scoop and original GTO tailights.The interior is in Parchment and the white bucket seats are out of a 67-8 Firebird. The black Carpet appears to be new w little or no use. NO dry rot or fading, just dirty. The dash metal has not been hacked up to put a newer radio in. The AM radio is still there and supposedly works. What was done to the plastic gauge panel w a Summit triple gauge +shift light tach unit installed? Oh boy. The paint and finish body work are poor . The paint is a nice color but blotchy and unevenly laid on. The metal work was done by a pro from what I can tell and I am a retired welder so I have pretty good idea about that. It appears to have been a rotisserie job as the body mounts are all loose.. The 2:56 pegleg rear axle below the new rear springs w new air shocks. New gas tank + sender to the good T350 trans that leaks but shifts good w its New B&M Star Shifter. To the built over cammed ,but abused 4 bolt main SBC. About all I know about it is that it idles slighly rough at 800 RPM in gear, has ported heads , HP Z28 springs,RED 9 MM HP plug wires, Chrome- Air cleaner, VC Breather, VC's , Chrome One wire alternator ,It has an HEI, Holley intake and 600 CFM carb. To the New PRD Alum radiator. The Ebay headers are a BAD fit w a two crushed pipes that still touch the steering shaft and the flanges are warped fom the pipes being smashed so they tick. But has new exaust pipes going to a pr of 2 1/2 I+O Cherry Bomb glasspacks ending straight out below the back seat. ..

-- I do know is that it is a Lemans Custom S, V8 w a PG trans and Parchment interior /Parchment Paint colors were original, -- I bought and restored a set of 15x7" Rally II's w correct for year Repro caps and lug nuts,They are currently installed w some 235 70 + 215 70 tires I had laying around. Nothing special except that they hold air and have good tread. I am still going over the car so things may be different from the photos. better in MY opinion or in a couple cases more expensive (wiring/tires /exaust) Rear rubber shown in photo #2 are not avail. w this car as they are for my Corvette WAY too big anyway as you can see nor are the mag wheels in pic#5.

Price ? A firm $5300 or $4400 w/o the engine and transmission (I've been asked several times so I put a price up w/o the emgine)

-Trades ACCEPTED: Absolutely tempt me,1923 to '72 Project cars, Gennies, Model As, Tbuckets, Street rods, QUALITY Rat rods(no rolling scrap),early or late model muscle cars, Corvette,85-88 Monte Carlo SS (RWD) SHORT bed Chevy PU from 1960 to 1970, maybe something else or newer ????
BUT...NO 4WD or long bed 2WD Trucks of any kind or year or 4 door cars after 1948, I'll only turn you down. I've either had enough or do not like them. I do not care about the current trends. I like what I like.- Other PARTIAL trades and cash would include boat, motor amd trailer, Small pull behind popup or travel camper (16' or less, nothing over $1800 or less value/credit on these no more. Don't think I will trade strt up for these -I won't)

===ABOVE ALL - NO TITLE - ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL (If its easy, get it and call me. )===NO JUNK YARD ESCAPEE 's or BACK 40 CARS,(them I can find myself) In short- NO JUNK====

-The plates are expired so bring a trailer. It has the good CLEAR original title NOT a title jump.

-As you can probably tell from the above I do not candy coat or BS about any cars condidition. I often am told that I under estimate a cars condition and make them sound worse than they are. I do not want anyone dissapointed , If they are better than described its a good thing as far as I am concerned.......I have photo's of everything undernieth and can take more as you like.

-Phone Number: Mike @ 320 968 7434, Foley MN. 56329
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO Rally IIs.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	216882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge'10 0033.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	216884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge'10 005-2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	216885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge'10 010.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	216886   Click image for larger version

Name:	cto 0015.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	216887  

Last edited by dgas; 08-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM

SOLD