THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default It takes way more energy to generate RADAR waves than a LASER beam...

(If it were legal) a RADAR jamming device would have to be at least as large as the typical cop's RADAR "gun."

A LASER jamming device on the other hand, only needs to be a little bit larger than a laser pointer with a moving lense inside (maybe the size of a AA battery.)

Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I think the officer should have put 6 rounds in you. You were breaking the law, and obviously have no intention of obeying it. You're a menace to others on the road...

Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
I think the officer should have put 6 rounds in you. You were breaking the law, and obviously have no intention of obeying it. You're a menace to others on the road...

blome

Old 09-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Boost Engineer

Why not leave for work 10 minutes earlier and travel the speed limit?

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even if the laser jammer works for the mere sum of around $500 what happens when you run into a cop with radar???????............

I already stated the obvious solution as have many others, and TV reiterated it.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 09-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

The problem is the speed limit is no fun...

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 AM

Buying a laser jammer is a waste of money. The link for the jammer test was back in 2007. The LIDAR gun manufacturers changed the wavelengths a little over a year ago.

The jammers only work on the older guns. The newer ones have dual wavelengths now.
Originally they shot out at 904nm beam, some of the portables now run up to 990nm and some of the car based run up to 1024nm. The dual pulse ones switch between 990nm and 1024nm. In fact some of the newer LIDAR guns will not set off the laser detectors on a lot of the detectors because the detectors used in them will only detect 890nm to 980nm. Unless the jammer has the exact wavelength and pulse rate, It will not blind the detector in the LIDAR gun. The wavelengths are in the IR spectrum and cannot be seen. If you had an IR lamp on the front of your car that covered a wide range of wavelengths, You would still need to pulse it at the correct rate (which varies by LIDAR gun manufacturers.)

The only way to effectively jam a laser is to shoot a direct collimated beam back to the source and saturate the dectector in the gun at the same pulse rate. A wide-area blast, might decrease it's range but the laser will still punch through because of the pulse rate. The reason for the pulses is because thats how it reads your speed. The laser pulses hit your car and are bounced back. The rate is increased as you approch the source. This change in time is what calculates your speed. The newer dual pulse units use two wavelengths and it compares the time between the two to get a very accurate reading. (The older guns could vary accuracy do to atmoshperic conditions and scatter.)

Bottom line, don't waste your money on a jammer. Even if a company makes a new one to defeat the newer guns, The LIDAR companies can just change the wavelength or pulse rate to get past them. With radar, the frequency changes have to be submitted to the FCC for approval, With laser there is no law constraints, they can change them in a day.

FYI - I work with military laser jammers everyday.

Now ZZ4 Powered!

Last edited by Oreif; 09-11-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Boost Engineer

I received a Speed Trap Laser Ticket a little over a year ago, I paid the thing immediately and moved on with my life (including leaving 10 minutes earlier).LOL

The Speed Trap part comes to play when the LEO sits up on a hill and shoots your vehicle as it is traveling DOWN the next hill over. The cruise control cannot react fast
enough to lower the speed vs how quickly he can laser your vehicle. This is why I quit using cruise in rolling hills. The cruise control is "an aid" to help you with driving, it is not your salvation in a speed trap location.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tom in a ford you have to speed down the hill to make the other side don't you? Couldn't help myself. Rod

Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod cole View Post
Tom in a ford you have to speed down the hill to make the other side don't you? Couldn't help myself. Rod
I have no trouble going up the front side of the hill either driving one of these in a "mule" configuration. Right now we are kicking some serious butt with these cars.

http://www.tuneyfish.com/blog/2010-f...-key-race-car/

http://www.dragzine.com/news/roy-hil...25-154-35-mph/

note: "The run was 1.361 seconds under the IHRA SS/BA index of 10.20 seconds"

Tom Vaught

ps Thanks for the nice words, Rod.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Those are impressive just for the fact a company in this day and and age will build a car for just one purpose. Putting the company name in the winners circle.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod cole View Post
Those are impressive just for the fact a company in this day and and age will build a car for just one purpose. Putting the company name in the winners circle.
ps this post has nothing to do with cops and Lidar except for the SPEED deal.

Yes, that 2010 Mustang can run 8.839 et in the quarter.

We have a Ford Guy who wanted to open up a serious case of "Whoop Ase" and bring
back Ford's reputation in "class" drag racing. The guy's name was Brian Wolfe.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co..._gt/index.html

"During this time, one of the men who stood at the dawn of 5.0L performance craze was Brian Wolfe, a Ford engineer who was privileged to have picked through the specialty-parts bin at big Blue and make history. ... A Ford engineer by trade and drag-racing enthusiast by choice, Wolfe was instrumental in bringing many Ford Racing performance parts to the market. ... Being a Ford engineer has its advan-tages, and Wolfe's business and personal friendships led him into the history books of high-performance Mustangs. His desire to run quicker brought him to the Ford Motorsport (now Ford Racing Performance Parts) division. His car would become a test mule for products such as the GT-40 intake and GT-40 cylinder heads. "The GT-40 heads and intake were designed for production Mustangs," Wolfe says, "but the program was scrapped when Ford started to design the mod motors [though the GT-40 parts did make it onto the '93 Cobra-Ed]. My friends in Ford Motorsport asked if I wanted to try out the heads and intake. If they worked well, Ford Motorsport was going to add them to the catalog." His naturally aspirated '86 GT flew to a best of 11.66 at 115 mph-the quickest and fastest pass for a 5.0L Mustang at the time. It escalated from there. ... In 1989, Wolfe's popularity with the ever-growing 5.0 crowd of Mustang enthusiasts was set in stone as he was featured in the now-defunct Super Ford magazine as owner of one of the three quickest Fox-body Mustangs. It was Wolfe, Stormin' Norman Gray, and Tom Hartell who were really pushing the 5.0 performance. Wolfe's car was naturally aspirated and ran high-11s, while Stormin' Norman used juice to also run high-11s, and Hartell had a Paxton supercharger in his Stang and ran low-12s. That story sparked an arms race amongst Mustang racers. Super Ford threw a 5.0 Shootout the following year to see who had the quickest Mustang in the land. ... During that time, Stormin' Norman was credited with pushing the envelope further than anyone else. He had the Roush Racing crew (led by the late Steve Grebeck) build his car to run low-10s. Wolfe continued to rely on naturally aspirated combinations despite others running quicker than him on the bottle. "I have always been more of a naturally aspirated kind of guy," Wolfe says. A new engine combination was built using Allen Root (aka J302 aluminum) heads. It was enough to push Wolfe into the 10s, still without a power adder. In fact, he had the first 5.0 Mustang to run 11s, 10s, and 9s in naturally aspirated trim. ... Not only was Wolfe a natural kind of guy, but he's also a fuel-injection enthusiast, and we aren't surprised given his engineering background. While many people with a fast Mustang turned to carbureted induction systems, Wolfe continued to push the Ford EEC IV computer system. He switched to a mass airflow sensor setup and began testing with computer add-ons offered through Ford Motorsport and built by GSR Electronics. ... First was the Extender-a simple plug-in, hand-held tuner that allowed the user to increase the factory rpm rev limiter and adjust the air/fuel ratio. It paved the way for GSR's next computer, the EPEC, or Extreme Performance Engine Controller. EPEC is a system that piggybacks onto the factory EEC IV box and gives the user complete control, much like a stand-alone fuel injection system. Both items have since been discontinued, but Wolfe's Mustang was the first to test both products. ... As the Mustang shootout scene became quicker and faster, so did Wolfe. His car received a Super Stock-style rear suspension setup with a four-link, tubs, and 31x13-inch tires. A stroked 302-style engine was stuffed under the cowl hood as well. A 331ci engine with NASCAR take-off C302B heads pushed Wolfe into the 9-second zone. He would eventually add Yates heads and build a custom intake manifold with twin 90mm throttle bodies. The car ran 9.69 on motor alone, and the intense Pro 5.0 competition at the time forced him to add nitrous. A two-stage Compucar nitrous system was wired into place, and eventually Wolfe ran 8.35 at 165 mph. ... Progression is the name of the game in Pro 5.0, and the scene was rapidly changing. "Eventually I couldn't keep up," Wolfe says. "The cars were becoming real race cars, and the turbos were pushing them faster." Life had also taken a toll on his Pro 5.0 racing days, and personal and career changes forced him to park the car in 1999. The legendary '86 Mustang GT sat until last year when he got the bug to put it back together. "I had come back to Michigan from Germany [he had moved there for a new position at Ford] and built a house," he says. "Once that was done, I started to piece the car back together. I had stuff stored in a few different places." ... The first reunion race was rained out, and Wolfe showed up to the second one, held at Atco Raceway in June 2007. This is where we caught up with the father of the 5.0L movement. ... “I’ve said from my first day in this job that I wanted Ford Racing to continue to be a ‘racer-friendly’ organization,” said Wolfe. “That’s why we take great pride in being one of only two car companies worldwide that builds ready-to-race cars and sells them as part of our performance parts offerings.”

So you see Ford having the ability to "drive UP the hills as well as DOWN them" has been going on for a few years. (;>)

IF I could get 1/10 of the stuff Brian Wolfe accomplished for the Ford World to happen for the Traditional Pontiac Community Guys, I would be well satisfied.

Tom Vaught

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 09-12-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Just contest it in court and bring up "conflict of interest". The State and the court are incorporated businesses. The cop is a code enforcer -works for the state corporation. The judge is a State employee and works for the State corporation and the court building is owned by the State corporation. You can't get a fair trial no matter what the judge tells you. Your word does not mean crap in the court. You are not an officer of the court. The cop,judge and attorneys are officers of the court. Most traffic courts do not offer jury trials, so it's you, the cop, and the judge in their court. It is biased for the State. You have a legal contract with the State by your driver license, but you also have the right to due process by the constitutions of which judges swear and sign an oath to.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOPcollector View Post
Just contest it in court and bring up "conflict of interest". The State and the court are incorporated businesses. The cop is a code enforcer -works for the state corporation. The judge is a State employee and works for the State corporation and the court building is owned by the State corporation. You can't get a fair trial no matter what the judge tells you. Your word does not mean crap in the court. You are not an officer of the court. The cop,judge and attorneys are officers of the court. Most traffic courts do not offer jury trials, so it's you, the cop, and the judge in their court. It is biased for the State. You have a legal contract with the State by your driver license, but you also have the right to due process by the constitutions of which judges swear and sign an oath to.
And tell me how does this ploy work as far as getting the case thrown out? An attorney might have a chance with that line of thought, but I bet Joe Average would get about as much attention devoted to his theory as he gets in the courtroom listening to his reason for the speeding citation.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Suspended

Doubtfull you would get an attorney to touch that. Afterall, they are an officer of the court. Judge would dismiss, call recess and not come back for a long while, and/or will "postpone the case" for a later date. But you will never get a notice. You are garanteed a fair and speedy trial by the constitutions. You cannot get a fair trial for any state statute violation in any USA court due to the fact that the courts and states are incorporated legal fictions operating as a business and all involved are employees of these businesses. If you are scared of all that, by God, pay the fine and let them win.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Suspended

This guy did it a different way and sent the pissed off judge scurrying out of the courtroom with his tail between his legs. But it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EzJsUExEDE

Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOPcollector View Post
This guy did it a different way and sent the pissed off judge scurrying out of the courtroom with his tail between his legs. But it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EzJsUExEDE
What does that video have to do with the court system in this country?

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Suspended

They are identical law systems. The Canadian government and courts are private owned legal business corporations,too.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I've found that any attempt at embarrassing the Judge, or making yourself look smarter will have an ugly ending for you.

Right or wrong, a Judge won't be shown up in "their" court.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Brian,

You've ignored all comments about your driving behavior in effort to discuss radar/laser detector jargon. Why incur the additional expense of purchasing a radar/laser detector when you can change your driving behavior at no cost. Doing so will lower your fuel expenses, lower your insurance rates, reduce your stress level (not having to constantly watch for cops), increase your survivability chances if you were to be involved in a high-speed accident, and decrease your hazard to other motorists.

"I was running late": Man up and accept you're late rather than endangering other law-abiding motorists driving the speed limit. Leave earlier next time.

"I just keep up with the flow of traffic": So that makes it right? Drive in the right lane and let the "flow" take the chance in the left lanes.

"It shortens my commute time": Only if you're driving hundreds of miles at a time. Otherwise the reduced time is negligible.

"Driving the speed limit poses a hazard to faster traffic": The speeding traffic also poses a hazard to those driving the speed limit so there's no argument there. After driving the D.C. beltway everyday for 3 years in a 1960 truck at 60 mph, never once did I almost cause an accident even at 5 mph below the speed limit.

"My car's mileage is better at higher speeds": Nearly all modern cars are engineered to achieve their best fuel mileage around 55 mph. The older the vehicle, the lower the engineered cruising speed. Why would manufacturers engineer a vehicle to achieve its maximum fuel efficiency at speeds above the average national highway speed limit? My 2009 Saturn Outlook pulls 25 mpg @ 65 mph and 24 mpg @70 mph.

Lets assume you drive 5 mph over the speed limit every day, and commute 30 minutes one way. You're only saving 2.5 minutes by speeding on each leg. Now lets assume you are caught, which you have been (and will again if you continue your behavior). Was the cost of the ticket, the additional X gallons fuel to travel 5 mph over the limit for X amount of days, and the increase cost in your insurance worth that 5 minutes per day when you could have left 2.5 minutes early to work and accept your will just be home 2.5 minutes later?

With the above said, the rules of the road are posted in the form of signs and published in the state's driver's handbook and several other sources. If you make the decision not to follow the rules, be prepared to accept the responsibility and pay the price. Don't vector your anger towards the law enforcement individuals whose job is to enforce the rules of the road. In these economical times, many states are hurting for income, and what better way to generate revenue than fine motorists who chose to break the rules.