Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 PM

Does anyone know if Evans makes an 8 bolt water pump? I am dealing with pump issues and am willing to spend the money on an Evans pump if that will make them go away!!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul24267 View Post
Does anyone know if Evans makes an 8 bolt water pump? I am dealing with pump issues and am willing to spend the money on an Evans pump if that will make them go away!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not that Im aware of. However, Evans has done custom work in the past. A few of us Pontiac guys got together and had them make some reverse flow 11 bolt pumps. My advice is give them a call. If the impellar on the 8 bolt is similar in size/shape to the 11 bolt (see the pic I posted in this thread), it may be possible. Get enough guys to commit to buy sone of these 8 bolt pumps and Evans might do it. And once its been done once, maybe it becomes a product.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Suspended

actually what loads the water pump bearngs is the side loads placed on it when the belt is (over?) tightened. the other way to kil a pump is to run water in it

Old 01-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW...My new Flow Cooler started leaking from the weep hole with only about 400 miles on it.