Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1971 TA CLONE FRESH FRAME OFF

Just throwing it out there just on the last little bits of assembly. trim, glass, door hardware, nose, flare, rear filler paint have materials.

Have gone through a heavy health issues last year and am way behind from missing 3 months of work. Kinda need money but not desperate.

1973 firebird super solid car to start amazingly solid
pro done balanced 400
TRW 030 forged pistons
roller billet timing chain
215/221 roller cam custom grind super torqey cam
HD push rods
6x heads milled 060 ferra 277 166 valves
proper comp cam springs, retainers, keepers
minor bowl work
PRW stainless roller tip rockers
restored and plated q jet
HEI
aluminum water pump
11" clutch hays performance disc
ST 10 4speed
Rebuilt 308 posi rear end
all new brake system complete lines and all
new springs front and rear
KYB GR2 shocks
fully replaced suspension all linkage, ball joints, poly graphite bushings
new 4 row radiator, new fan clutch,new GM shroud
New rubbers, seals,door handles,
new windshield, door glass,
new tail lamp bezels
new tail lamp lenses
new gas tank
new plated brake booster
new factory in dash tachometer
New factory seat covers
headliner, door panels, plastic trim and carpet super nice
New pedal pads and on and on
New engine wire harness
New Waldron? repop exhaust with the HI flow killer sound cross flow muffler they designed
Frame off frame and arms blasted primed and painted in eastwood suspension and under hood black.
Fender wells striped and painted eastwood also.
Under side floor boards were beautiful almost hated to refresh the paint on them.
all metal lines removed scotch bright scuffed and clear coated

Painted Lucerne blue have new stripe kit in the box and a handful of other new parts

Car looks great just a handfull of hours left and minimal money over 5k alone in engine.

just throwing it out there as I am trying to work on it again and finish I have a butt load more than what I am considering asking.

15k firm you are a couple grand tops away from an amazing car.
rally 2's still need to be blasted and painted and has brand new 245 60 15 Ta radials

tons of in process photos too

may do a partial trade and cash for runner drivers no resto projects please

here are just a couple of the pages of photos I have from its humble beginings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3094.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	234911   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100509_38.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	234913   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100509_27.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	234914   Click image for larger version

Name:	20090720_1.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	234915  

CURRENT CARS
68 Firbird 400ci convertible
Old 02-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you have a clear title in your name and is it titled as a 71 or 73 ?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Senior Chief

It is a 73 firebird orig 350 3 speed stick car. interior is 73 delux, nose is a 70 or 71 smaller grille squares.

i have had the car for just over 2 years, Yes I have a clear title and actually never did change it over to my name. Guy I bought it from lives about 20 minutes from me and have kept in touch as he owned the car for a long time and never could redo it the way he wanted he has been enjoying the in process photos.

I can leave the title the way it is or change it over to my name and have it back inside of 3 weeks from the state of washington. Titled in oregon in the guys name I bought it from he owned it for 10+ years.

I thought about that the other night when I thought about throwing it up on the site for sale so either way I can have a new bill of sale made or just change it over to my name and pay the state sales tax and have the title back inside of 3 weeks...which I may do anyway just in case I get her on the road before it sells. Just money challenged I work commision and hit has been dead at work so I am having a hell of a time balancing back out again since back to work in the middle of November 2010. Was in such bad shape for so long and my colon finally gave out and had it completely removed put me down after surgery for 2 months. Not to mention the time before due to not being able to function.

But on the flip side now I have energy I have not felt in so long I really don't know how I functioned.

I have lots and lots of photos I will try to get some time to make a photo bucket or something with the volumes of photos I have since the day I bought it.

At work so this is the only other pic I have

By the way I used shop line base and Global High solids clear very expensive stuff car still needs a final once over and polish and it is this wet already !!

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20101212_2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	234961  

CURRENT CARS

Last edited by gto65lvr; 02-16-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:44 PM

Default 1971 ta clone fresh frame off

very intersted in the car can i get more pics please drksawcc@yahoo.com

Old 02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Senior Chief

I will put together an online album with Picasa and will make it public so anyone interested in the photos can access them.

I will post the link tonight after I get home from work and load pictures to the account.

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Senior Chief

Thats a shame you need to sell the car.You came so far, so many hours, and money.Eric I wish you the best!
BTW nice job on the car,real nice!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the kind words, really Its a hell of a car it was supposed to just be fluff thhe engine compartment and quicky paint job to this...oh the sickness Thing is going to be a super easy driver with massive bottom end torque. Its so close and honest to goodness 2k or less to finish out top rate car when done. I am not that motivated to sell I mean all that work and not even able to drive the finished product. I wonder what an all new 2nd gen feels like to drive

Ok just got home and need to go back to getting a picture link....

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Chief

Default link to the photos I am setting up on pecasa

https://picasaweb.google.com/1153909...eat=directlink

The pictures you see of the interior is the seats covers that were on it before I changed them out. Yes they were nice before however the centers of the seat cover vinyl was just a little crunchy othwise I would not have bought new ones

CURRENT CARS

Last edited by gto65lvr; 02-17-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Senior Chief

wanted to make sure there was no confusion on my first post with it in the booth what you don't see is in primer still.

I was tinkering with it tonight have n ot looked at it for a while had it covered with a car cover. almost feeling a bit motivated to just finish the few things getting to look like really not much to do at all. I just have not looked at it for about 4 months.

I a close to deciding to just finish it up and putting a much larger price tag on it. Just put the glass in the other door and bolted in the passenger seat looks like a car. There is virtually nothing left to do anyway.....

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 PM

What do you want for the car?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

price is written on ad

Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyboy455 View Post
price is written on ad
It was $15k before final completion. His latest post mentions a higher price but nothing specific.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Senior Chief

ya I think I am just going to finish it. I have spent a very limited time on it again cleaning and lightly polishing the door/roof stainless moldings. Just down to the drivers side now. There is virtually just a handfull of hours left to complete with the addition of painting the remaining body parts.

Going to finish and put a few dry day only miles on it and put a much bigger price tag on it.
May as well enjoy it a little with all those hundreds of hours I put in to it.

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 PM

Default 1971 ta clone fresh frame off

ok if you change youre mind i would love to buy it next week please drive it and enjoy it

Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 PM

PM Sent

Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Senior Chief

After some serious thought I will still entertain the thought of selling it with it not quite done. Mostly the bolt on parts not painted but with the paint supplied. I don't want to sell it but I do need some money from it to even back out again after my medical fiasco last fall.

I am working on the car in the order of making it transportable

glass, running and moving and stopping under its own power to start with. Then exhaust adjusments, media blast- paint the Rally 2's and little stuff up to the final parts painting.

The price will not be the prior price as lots of things are getting done to it. Price will be exponentially higher, not a few hundred dollars--much more.

I have a very interested party that I am working with right now once he and I have talked some more to see if we can make a deal I will post and by then should have a better idea on what I would like from the car with the additional assembly done.

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Senior Chief

Ok flat out price is 17.5k buyer paints the bolt on parts, final polish, blasts and paints the rally 2's, final tune if needed and tidy up a few small things to finish.(accessory wiring, interior bits very small misc.) It would be just a few hours of work to complete past the painting

THe big stuff that requires money will be done-glass,alignment, exhaust blah blah. For this money anyone is getting one hell of a car and you cannot possibly build the car to this stage for the money.

No takers by the time I am ready to paint then I will paint and the price goes through the roof from this last offering. At 17.5k it is a hell of a deal everything is new basically except for the steering box, wiper motor, horns, front rotors and Brake calipers these did not warrant replace or rebuild.

I will have the car completed inside of two months and if I still have it in July it will be at the nationals in Portland, or

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Senior Chief

I added about 30 pics of the car and parts that I took as of 2/22/11 to my picasa web album. They are on the bottom of the album

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Senior Chief

If the deal I am working on right now falls through I am going to fully complete the car in the next couple months tops.

Then fall in love with it and try to sell it then

CURRENT CARS
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Senior Chief

After spending the weekend trying to put together different areas and looking all over for the proper screws, nuts and bolts I came to a conclusion.

Going to keep and finish, although it seems like I am real close there are just too many things to do to complete the car. Selling at this stage would not be fair for anyone

CURRENT CARS