Old 07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Front air dam mounting question

I have a 1970 GTO (not Judge) ... it's my avatar. Just purchased a front air dam from our host (RPF24P). Was going to install it today, but looks like I will need to wait until I've done some research before drilling unnecessary holes. There are a total of 11 holes in the air dam. Four appear to line up with holes in the core support, but the other 7 appear to need holes in the valance panel. The outer 2 of the 7 holes line up with the underside of the front fenders where they meet the core support. The remaining 5 holes are in the center of the dam with one directly in the center. Looks like I'd need to drill 5 holes in the valance panel and 2 in the bottom of the fenders. Does this sound right? Anyone have any experience with this or could take a look at their 1970 Judge and copy me back with the proper method of installation. Perhaps the front valances of Judges came with holes for mounting ... or am I looking at this incorrectly. Pics would be wonderful, but any info would be appreciated.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Senior Chief

If i am correct all of the mounting points are in the lower core support itself, just need the attaching hardware to go with it, should be clips and the bolts that go through them.

1970 GTO Pepper Green 400 YS auto Factory A/C 56K orig miles
Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are holes in the valance that do need to be drilled if you never had a front spoiler.
No drilling of the fenders should be needed.

Here are a couple of valance w/spoiler hole pics: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...alance+spoiler

Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Steve V ... thanks a bunch. That link really shows what I thought that I needed to do. Just gotta be careful to drill the holes in the right place.