Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats!!!! That's a wicked pass!!!

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sure are a lot of fast nitrous cars out there... Great pass. You'd think with the parts available for Pontiacs all the go-fast guys would have a 106mm up front or maybe twin 88's out back. I'm thinking the threads would all be about '1st one in the 6's' though then

Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatracer View Post
Dick Fulton and GTOGEORGE both weigh 3000#. That's a decent weight for us to come in at. Plus, I'm probably only gonna have one kit, so...our car @ 3000# with 1 stage...? That should be pretty fair for you guys.

Bryan
one stage with 44 pills in it.

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty T/A View Post
Good job!! That is very fast indeed and the 60s are impressive on a little tire.
Thanks Robin, Air was 2124 DA when we made that pass, If you watch the video you can tell we are still tip toeing it to the 60 ft marker. Havent figured out the converter yet either. giving up 14 percent at the stripe. Plugs are still fat so thare is a lot of room to grow. We will go 5.0s with this tune up. we still have 500 square to go before we are in burn up mode. We are a seven second player even at 3400lbs. We will shed at least a150 lbs before norwalk, at 3000ft Da we should still be in the 7.90 range, considering what we are working with compared to most,We like what we see. Even on two, we are only at a 38 jet. As for the 60 ft, With what I know and have worked with in the past. This car will 1.17 to 1.18 in the fall when the tracks tighten up. Friday night thare was no track prep at all. Are you all coming to norwalk?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Good clean pass.

It was pretty decent air Friday evening, I heard the Deytons went a 5.23 on one fogger at 75-80 last night. A lot of fast Pontiacs in MD.

Congrats to all!
Thanks Jack, If we had time to work with it more than 3 times a year we would be a lot further. Air was good for this time of year but water bulb was way high by 9 pm, we should have made that pass about 7.45 and it would have been a little better. As far as the deytons. Way to go. We need them to come to Norwalk, Hell, we should put our own 3450 shoot out together. True tens or radial 1/8 mile and let langer still run at 3000 lbs. You game? Your right though. east coast pontiacs to the front. I was thinking. We need to get a group photo of all these cars from our area together. Mayby we can get HPP to do something for us? Best of luck with your new combo,I know how much it cost to do all those upgrades, Hope it works out for you.Besides a little friendly competition pushes us all and helps drive the hobby.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
You putting Tiger heads in it now?
No, its still getting cv1's the first time around, but I am making plans for the cv2's.

Id like to build a 500 ci sbp with the cv2's eventually. But they may find their way on the 572 first. They should be around 500 cfm, based on what the small port cv2 flows I dont see it being a problem.

But yeah, a 500 ci sbp that can turn ,9000+ rpm thats the plan. Then drop it into a 2,600lb car

Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC_Motorsports View Post
Thanks Robin, Air was 2124 DA when we made that pass, If you watch the video you can tell we are still tip toeing it to the 60 ft marker. Havent figured out the converter yet either. giving up 14 percent at the stripe. Plugs are still fat so thare is a lot of room to grow. We will go 5.0s with this tune up. we still have 500 square to go before we are in burn up mode. We are a seven second player even at 3400lbs. We will shed at least a150 lbs before norwalk, at 3000ft Da we should still be in the 7.90 range, considering what we are working with compared to most,We like what we see. Even on two, we are only at a 38 jet. As for the 60 ft, With what I know and have worked with in the past. This car will 1.17 to 1.18 in the fall when the tracks tighten up. Friday night thare was no track prep at all. Are you all coming to norwalk?

not trying to argue or discredit anyone with this post, but those would have to be 2 VERY small hits to only equal a 38 jet. If you dont mind telling what nitrous jet are you running in both and how are you calculating that its only a 38 jet?

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats guys!

ECPTTFMF'er

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
not trying to argue or discredit anyone with this post, but those would have to be 2 VERY small hits to only equal a 38 jet. If you dont mind telling what nitrous jet are you running in both and how are you calculating that its only a 38 jet?
Before I answer this question, Let me ask you how you are coming up with your math. Two 20s dont make 40.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Agreed, regular math doesn't work with nitrous jet numbers. Neither do jet area calculations. The only true way to achieve numbers is with lbs per hour of nitrous used. And I have had ALOT of stuff flowed and depending on what nozzle and noida you run I know that a 38 jet flows around 1300-1400 lbs per hour. With that said, both of your kits would have to be smaller than 24 nitrous jet to equal anything around a 38 jet. Please dont take this as argumentative or negative. Your car is wicked fast and a great example of what a Pontiac can do if given a proper chance.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-18-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Agreed, regular math doesn't work with nitrous jet numbers. Neither do jet area calculations. The only true way to achieve numbers is with lbs per hour of nitrous used. And I have had ALOT of stuff flowed and depending on what nozzle and noida you run I know that a 38 jet flows around 1300-1400 lbs per hour. With that said, both of your kits would have to be smaller than 24 nitrous jet to equal anything around a 38 jet. Please dont take this as argumentative or negative. Your car is wicked fast and a great example of what a Pontiac can do if given a proper chance.
Two 26 jets, Only thing I have changed since the grove is my timing curve and timers and bottle pressure.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those are two small kits and that shows me that you have your stuff together pretty well to run that e.t. this time of year. Congrats!!!! you have a very good (if not the best) shot to run a 7 than anyone right now!!!

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment View Post
Sure are a lot of fast nitrous cars out there... Great pass. You'd think with the parts available for Pontiacs all the go-fast guys would have a 106mm up front or maybe twin 88's out back. I'm thinking the threads would all be about '1st one in the 6's' though then

Too expensive

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Those are two small kits and that shows me that you have your stuff together pretty well to run that e.t. this time of year. Congrats!!!! you have a very good (if not the best) shot to run a 7 than anyone right now!!!
thanks! Its been a long road to figure this thing out without killing it with nos. Just a Question? Why dont you run the true 10.5 class ? It seems to be a great class. 2.75 radial is popular here. Were luckey to have so many fast pontiacs out here. Im friends with the deytons here, They are impressive for what they have to work with. Also kinslers 68 is also bad ass, not much more than stock body. Best of luck and see you at norwalk. Also our kits are something we put together our self. Glidden nozzles and plungers that a friend made up for us.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Senior Chief

Congrats!

1998 Trans Am WS6
2005 GTO M6
Old 07-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately I will be in China. About the only place farther away than Arizona!! ;-)

If you can get it to 1.18 I have no doubt you can get it done as you've done all the right things. 60 ft is my issue, we went 170.7mph but couldn't crack a new e.t. with a 1.31... but I narrowed it down to 2 main problems: My ignorance and 4 shocks not designed to do what I am asking of them. We'll try again come spring (September).

Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
thanks! Its been a long road to figure this thing out without killing it with nos. Just a Question? Why dont you run the true 10.5 class ? It seems to be a great class. 2.75 radial is popular here. Were luckey to have so many fast pontiacs out here. Im friends with the deytons here, They are impressive for what they have to work with. Also kinslers 68 is also bad ass, not much more than stock body. Best of luck and see you at norwalk. Also our kits are something we put together our self. Glidden nozzles and plungers that a friend made up for us.

I promote a 10.5 series here, and I have a 10.5 el camino that I race around here. To be honest I am burned out on the 10.5 stuff right now, and really burnt on the radials. Just too many crybabie racers and flaky promoters that have me so turned away and excited about the street/grudge stuff. After you spend all your money, then every weekend at the track to make a 10.5 car work, then a mouse farts and the car won't go down the track or, the air changes and it stands on the bumper and tears everything up, not to mention the new tires once a month, and being at the track when they say so, and rushing between rounds to make changes, it just gets old. Then when you finally get it right, they change the rules. I love my big tire Pontiac, put in a hot bottle and go. Race when I want and where I want. Grudge events are open all night, and it's not near as hot, and you race who you want and how you want. And if you play it right, come home with alot of money.

10.5/radial is such a roller coaster. I tune for alot of guys and one weekend you are the hero and setting records breaking necks and cashing checks. The next weekend you can't hit your ass with both hands cause a 1000 dollar shock acted up, and only has 25 passes on it, or the tires are going away after 15 passes, or the track just got really good and you try to flip one over, or it got bad later in the rounds and you knock the hides off it cause some index car on street tires ripped the track bare. I made 3 passes Saturday night in my big tire car and while they weren't barn burners, they were all within .05.... And every small tire car there was having trouble. I just want to race, not play chess with a 9 year old chinese kid. Sorry if I seem bitter, been alot of uPs and downs over the last 3 years.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I promote a 10.5 series here, and I have a 10.5 el camino that I race around here. To be honest I am burned out on the 10.5 stuff right now, and really burnt on the radials. Just too many crybabie racers and flaky promoters that have me so turned away and excited about the street/grudge stuff. After you spend all your money, then every weekend at the track to make a 10.5 car work, then a mouse farts and the car won't go down the track or, the air changes and it stands on the bumper and tears everything up, not to mention the new tires once a month, and being at the track when they say so, and rushing between rounds to make changes, it just gets old. Then when you finally get it right, they change the rules. I love my big tire Pontiac, put in a hot bottle and go. Race when I want and where I want. Grudge events are open all night, and it's not near as hot, and you race who you want and how you want. And if you play it right, come home with alot of money.

10.5/radial is such a roller coaster. I tune for alot of guys and one weekend you are the hero and setting records breaking necks and cashing checks. The next weekend you can't hit your ass with both hands cause a 1000 dollar shock acted up, and only has 25 passes on it, or the tires are going away after 15 passes, or the track just got really good and you try to flip one over, or it got bad later in the rounds and you knock the hides off it cause some index car on street tires ripped the track bare. I made 3 passes Saturday night in my big tire car and while they weren't barn burners, they were all within .05.... And every small tire car there was having trouble. I just want to race, not play chess with a 9 year old chinese kid. Sorry if I seem bitter, been alot of uPs and downs over the last 3 years.
Well said!! We had this discussion the other day with our local class guys. Since the spec tire rule no one is having as much fun for the reasons you express.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh yeah and I forgot you have to have 3000 dollars in ignition parts to make t go down the track, not to mention the data logger to help figure out why it won't go down the track. We have a mustang that went 5.60s with a small block when we bought it for 11000 dollars. Very reliable and fun. Then we decided to put it on radials and go class racing. Well, after spending 35000 dollars on the car it now goes low 5.40s. Because of rule changes and crybabies, we have had to add weight, swap carb, etc etc......needless to say, it's frustrating.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Senior Chief

You don't need an ignition box to go radial racing, just a reg ol' 7A a nitrous controller and a 'glide. We have had our quickest 60 ft to date on the radials, 1.18. Best thing we did was switch to the radials, more stable than slicks. I don't know how they do it in other parts of the country but thats the way we roll here. Oh and congrads on everyones acomplishments this year.