Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM

Default '71 Judge Motor

I have an oppertunity to buy a 66 LeMans/GTO clone that needs quite a bit of work. The owner says it has a built '71 455 Judge motor. I don't remember all the specifics on the build and am not sure how much of ther motor is original. If I bought it, I would be inclined to sell the motor and hopefully have a cheap starting point on the rest of the car. Just wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure on the value of the motor starting with just the block and how much other parts would add. Also if anyone would know off hand the codes and numbers I need to verify it being out of a judge and exactly where to look for those.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Only way to verify what vehicle the motor was originally installed in is to get the VIN off the block and contact PHS for documentation.

http://www.phs-online.com/

74 Ventura 462/#13 heads/3350#
10.38 @ 128.89 MPH, N/A, Stock suspension, 275/60 Radial, Street legal, Tagged & Insured