Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default electric fans

I think I have some good info re: dual electric fans and shrouds. (1) when running dual fans, run them BOTH at the same time and speed. Otherwise, if you run only 1, the air it sucks will take the path of least resistance....thru the other fan hole, and not so much thru the rad core. (2)Cover the entire fin area with the shroud (as deep a shroud as will fit) (3) make flaps in the shroud that will blow open when forward "ram air" effect from vehicle speed exceeds what the 2 fans will supply. Otherwise you will loose flow efficency.....If you are worried about electric surge on fan start up, rig them to start a few seconds apart, OR to spool up slowly. PLEASE COMMENT on my "theorys" Eric

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry I don't have much for input. I have been wondering however if it's better to use one larger fan or smaller dual fans.....?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Technically, one large fan would be better.