THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question QUIBIDS question??

any of you use this site? If so Is it for real seems like lots of items go cheap. I tried to sign up but when using AOL or IE and even zilla all I get is an error? not sure about it any input would be great, Thanks, Jim

[
Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 AM

Yeah it's real. Real stupid. It's real that you have to buy 1 cent bids for 60 cents and you can only bid in 1 cent increments. Even with ebay's problems (I've never had a problem there), at least they don't charge you to place a bid.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455conv View Post
Yeah it's real. Real stupid. It's real that you have to buy 1 cent bids for 60 cents and you can only bid in 1 cent increments. Even with ebay's problems (I've never had a problem there), at least they don't charge you to place a bid.
Thanks for the clarification, I've been wondering for some time how this scam works but could never quite understand it...

Old 08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

YEs Thanks, As I did get in to the site and you have to buy $50.00 of bids on you CC well guess I will pass on this site.

[
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Is this another site like Beezid.com? I wasted about 6 hours and 40 bucks before figguring out that site is only there to make money for the web site, not provide a real auction service.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:47 AM

If you Google it you find a lot of stuff about it. I was checking it out because it sounded cool...there's a lot of horror stories about it.

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

they actually sell the item for the listed price. however, how the "price" gets to that level is the trick for making money. People get "caught up" in the action, thinking it only costs a few cents. Just like it was pointed out earlier, one must purchase bids for a set amount per bid.

total cost to bidder:
  1. Purchase bids (ex. 10 bids for $20, each bid good for 1 penny increment)
  2. Time spent
  3. Final purchase price is added on top of the money spent for your bids (ex. if you spend $100 on bids, then win product for $50, your cost is $150 for the item)

They make all of their money on the bidding process with hundreds or thousands of people bidding their pennies (each bid costs them a buck?)...

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)

Last edited by 68gtoMN; 08-17-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

while I haven't used it, a lot of my customers (golfers) have and have gotten brand name sets for 10 to 25 percent of retail cost including the bid costs. It's one of the reasons I gave up stocking new inventory in two years ago.