Old 10-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Senior Chief

Default 70 stripe color

I got my judge stripe kit from ames today and I ordered the yellow blue red stripes for my black conv. The yellow color is more greenish than yellow. The kit was made by pheonix graphics. Is this correct? Is this as good as it gets? Do you know who makes a more correct color kit. The judge emblems look correct color why can't they get the color correct on the stripe? Any help would be great. Car is being buffed and the shop wants the car gone so nothing happens on there watch.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 AM

I had the same problem with mine.Talked to them several times and sent pictures showing the green on the stripes to the yellow on the Judge decal with no solution but a tap dance around it basicly telling me I was wrong. Orderd more from Ames who said they used a different supplier, same problem. I had a white car so gave up and bought black ones.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm just putting this out there -

i "think" Phoenix Graphics, and Stencils and Stripes are the only players.
Might contact PY and see what they sell - recommend.
And try contacting S & S.

One of our newer members "1beautifuldaughter" had a set of Blue stripes on his White 71 before finding out it was a WT7 car. The Blue ones looked okay in pics - might contact him and see what they were. He pulled them off and put correct Black stripes recently.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

FWIW, the Judge stripes have reflective material and at the time 3M was the supplier. PGI uses Avery Denison vinyl so maybe their reflective agent isn't quite the same as 3M. I would use who ever is using 3M material to make their decals esp on an argent or reflective stripe decal.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Senior Chief

I used Stencil and Stripes for my green yellow and white, found out the green was wrong, Phoenix had the correct lime green outline, my .02 would be that Phoenix did their homework on the correct color, hopefully that would apply to your yellow blue red ones.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Senior Chief

The ones I got from phonex are on 3m material. I went back and looked at all the black mecum judges and some of those looked a little green and some looked a little more yellow. It is more a mustard like color

Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My experience has been Phoenix Graphics people are very hard to deal with. They do not have a very good customer relations attitude. I was not impressed, after I bought a set from them and noticed there was a defect I got the strong impression they didnt want to make things right.