Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Senior Chief

Default Ruggles is well worth the wait !

Just recieved my origional 68 qjet back from cliff and It looks amazing ! Well worth getting on his waiting list. I can't believe I almost let some chevy buddies talk me into buying an edelbrock for my goat when i was younger. It'll b some time before i can use it but I have no doubt it'll perform as expected. It's going on an iron headed 406 with a small H/roller cam. Thanks Cliff!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

X2!! Well worth the wait!!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

X3 worth the wait!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Senior Chief

I for one did not think so, I had to buy two more sets of tires because of his handiwork ;)

'68 hard blocked forged 463 (thanks Luhn Performance), SD prepped HO aluminum intake, SD Perf 290cfm KRE'S,'Ol Faithful cam, 2004r with a "Jim Hand special" converter to a 3.42 Trutrac 12 bolt hung from a 4 link. With a 120 shot of N2O for fun.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ditto.....

I want to completely go through my tripower (replated, rebuild) but didn't want to not have the use of the car while it was apart. I had an old Qjet ('80 BBC 800cfm... score!)) that someone gave me years ago and was just lying in my shed. I pulled it apart and sent the bowl, cover and throttle plate to Cliff. He installed new primary shaft bushings and replated the bowl and cover. I also bought the recommended rebuild parts from him. I rebuilt it according to Cliff's recommendations and using his book. I finally got around to installing the Qjet on a Performer RPM on my GTO.

As much as I hate to say it, it runs better than the tripower ever did, at least during normal driving. It's super easy to tune (I love the APT feature), and drives like it's fuel injected now.

I haven't gotten it to the track yet, but SOTP feel is similar to the modded tripower.

I might have to change my user name.......

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"