Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Parts Sourcing ???

Who has the correct looking rebuilt or new windshield wiper motors/pumps for a 69. Do any of the chain stores? Pep Boys, NAPA?

Gas tank & sending unit for a 69?

Thanks guys.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

CarQuest had an almost identical windshield wiper motor\pump combo (complete with mechanical style pump, not electrical). Putting an original and new one side by side makes it hard to separate the 2 other than the dirt and aged materials.

Gas tank and sending units are made by Spectra and while not 100% identical to factory with markings, will work just fine. I've gotten mine from RockAuto and NAPA.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Chris, I have a new spectra gas tank for 69 gto you can buy for $130. I probably have a good used sending unit too.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Todd, I may have to come and grab that!

Thanks Ben for the tips - the wiper unit came from NAPA, was cheap, was fast, looks factory - All I could ask for. I had the same feeling about Rock Auto until the tank showed up....the neck was broken off. They were great on the phone, e-mailed me a new label and promised the tank "would leave as soon as we have notification you've dropped the return at FedEx." That was Friday at 9:41 AM.

When I got home today and saw the tank was not here - I called....It hadn't left yet. The Customer Service Representative (not what I would like to call him) argued with me about when the tank was delivered to FedEx, (he found he was wrong), when they shipped the new tank (wrong again) and what the nature of the problem was. As I sit here typing this I've still yet to receive the confirmation e-mail that the replacement tank has gone out although I have confirmation the one I sent back was received by them at 6:45 AM.

It looks like a great part & I'd like to use them again - I just hope it shows up....SOON!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-01 16.53.08.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	302476  

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was a bad joke the way they shipped it with the neck poked out of a box.
I'm real surprised by that.

After pizzing off that Cuss Service Rep - the next one should really be a doozy - if he ever decides to process another one to you , that is.

I've always had good luck dealing with RockAuto, but have never ordered Pontiac stuff from them yet. A fuel tank would be a bicht to ship

Good Luck to you Boss

some have gotten them through AutoZone and AdvanceAuto - and picked them up at their local store.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:29 PM

They stick the neck out because the size of the box to completely cover the tank and neck would cost to much to ship or cause it to go truck freight. You could offer to pay more and have it shipped truck.. Get it without the neck and put your old one back on.

James