Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
My feeling has always been work not done properly does not add value to a car, it detracts. If you're not planning on doing the body work properly, don't bother putting paint on it that someone else will just need to take off again.

If the car runs/drives on it's own clean it up as best possible and sell it the way it is.
I agree 100%,, and add that the more desirable the car, the more it stands. Many will look at is a clean canvas to make the level of quality they want. Better to do one thing right than a so-so job on three things. Yet I think there are ALOT of variables on this subject. And add how many Freshen up jobs turn into basket cases that need two trailers instead of one when the reality of cost and time come in to play.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got the car relatively cheap and used it mainly as a test bed to determine what paint and resto parts would be the best to use on another project. Everything from the firewall forward has already been restored and/or replaced. It was also used to break-in a RA IV engine for another project, and to have some fun with until the engine was needed. I'm basically looking at the expense of machine work and rebuild parts on the RA III engine that will be going into it, as well as paint and body materials. I'd be surprised if I've got more than $2500.00 more to put into it. I'm not worried if I lose few grand if it makes for a quicker sale and a more satisfied buyer. I think that it would be a tough sell as it sits. I appreciate all of the info. Seems like the market is still dead for certain cars.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
I looked at this one and said nice 69 Judge and hard great pedigree with numbers matching in write up. But, a few under the hood things are not correct, and other flaws on inside and out per the forum guys. Still got 100K. Times have changed???

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...n=1013&aid=466
I think the 69 judge commands that money only because a lot of people on the outside that know a little about cars but still have some knowledge identify right away,with the first judge ,69 carousel red,you would think that a 70 orbit orange judge or a 71 judge any color etc etc would bring that kind of money,but the market is crazy,who knows if it will ever rebound,some cars just keep commanding that money,I have owned a 69 carousel red,70 palladium silver 4 speed,and 70 Granada gold judge,sold all three,which of course I regret, resto not done offcourse when the market was hot,,due to the fact things changed in my life such as family, now,If I sold them I would probably have to eat them

Last edited by richmas5; 01-27-2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Suspended

Default 69 judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmas5 View Post
I think the 69 judge commands that money only because a lot of people on the outside that know a little about cars but still have some knowledge identify right away,with the first judge ,69 carousel red,you would think that a 70 orbit orange judge or a 71 judge any color etc etc would bring that kind of money,but the market is crazy,who knows if it will ever rebound,some cars just keep commanding that money,I have owned a 69 carousel red,70 palladium silver 4 speed,and 70 Granada gold judge,sold all three,which of course I regret, resto not done offcourse when the market was hot,,due to the fact things changed in my life such as family, now,If I sold them I would probably have to eat them
you are correct richmas but only if it has a nice set of headrests

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi View Post
you are correct richmas but only if it has a nice set of headrests
Why don't you stop your nonsense and stop being a baby and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong,what's a matter you pal can't fight his own battles,I reached out to him and it is a closed issue why do persist,your new to the boards,keep this up you will be bounced