Old 12-15-2012, 04:15 PM

Default WTB: 67 GP hideaway headlight bushings and trunk lid

When I bought my 67 GP convertible a few months ago, the previous owner had said the hideaway headlights "weren't working" and his mechanic said it needed a new bushing kit. I was unable to find any 67 kits in OPG or Ames but thought I'd try the 68 kit from Ames, PN: PB155C (the only one I could find at the time). No dice, not even close. So I'm back to square one and trying to see if there's any NOS parts out there. These are the GM part numbers that I was given to look up. The group # is 2.765 and PNs are 9787022 and 9788981. They're basically all the little plastic grommets/bushings that the main actuator rods ride on as they stretch from the center of the car out to the headlight doors. I'd greatly appreciate any leads on these parts.

Also, I'm looking for a solid and straight trunk lid. Would prefer something local to pick up if possible.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Ben
508 612 0120
ben@hermancedesign.com

Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ben,

The PB155C is the kit you need. You need 2 of them to do a 67 headlight assembly (unfortunately). You won't use most of the kits, but each has the 2 bushings that you need for each side. They will directly replace the originals that go around those rods. They fit right into the openings in the frame assemblies. I restored my 67 bumper/headlight assembly just a couple months ago using these.

Alan

Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Wow do I feel stupid...those two little C clips popped right in! The instructions were using the 2 piece square sleeves and donuts for the exact same thing and they obviously didn't fit. Unbelievable that I have to pay another $20 for 2 cheap, crappy little pieces of plastic. Man, are they easy to stress too as you separate them to fit into place on the actuator rods. Thanks a million Alan!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey, no problem, Ben. I have to admit that I got that tip from a post on here, and it saved me a lot of grief too. Glad I could help. Yes, they are delicate and you have to be careful, but they do the job. Good luck with your project.

Alan

Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 PM

Update: I called the supplier on the bushing kit (California Classic Chevy Parts/DKM MFG inc) and told them they could create another SKU number and sell a kit for the 67 and explained to him what we've all had to do. He was actually happy I called and gave him that info. He's going to try and get that done asap. Of course, it doesn't help me any, I've already spent $60 on a potential $5-10 kit.