Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i wouldn't cut the hood or add a spoiler or put TA fender vents on it .
If it were a 4spd 3.90 car i'd want a tach in the dash or a rev limiter .

If a green machine is what you've been wanting - do it for yourself .
Good info from these guys on the pros and cons .

The color schemes in and out you have planned are devalue'ing the car .
Because its a great virgin factory combo .

But that hit doesn't come until you sell .
Between now and then , you'll get that much in satisfaction values by it being the car that you see in your mind - when you look out in the driveway.
The eye of the beholder is Job #1 if its a real keeper.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can't go by cars that have been painted - because lots of them have been done wrong. All sorts of variables can effect the final color.

Here is an original paint 68 endura I pulled off a parts car in the early 90's and put on my RA I/Auto GTO - that's the color you're shooting for. That's the color we're all shooting for!

That valence was perfect too until I brought it home and a buddy took off the rear straps then told me to pull the trailer forward - you can guess what happened next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0274.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	319600  

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Still friends?

Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Still friends?
Yes, but I don't have him help me with cars any more.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 AM

Thanks much! My painter is going to look up both the PPG numbers that show up for Verdoro green, and he'll paint samples if we have to.

1965 Ford Mustang
1965 Oldsmobile 442
1968 Pontiac GTO
1968 Dodge Charger
1972 Chevrolet Vega (V8)
1973 Corvette Stingray
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1980 Triumph Spitfire
1983 GMC A-Team Van
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Senior Chief

Verdoro green is a color that has to be seen in person IMO. As stated before, the color is a bit different depending on the brand of paint used among other things. It's also a tough color to photograph because it changes quite a bit depending on how much direct sunlight is hitting it. On a bright sunny day at noon the gold tint comes out and gives it more of an olive appearance, but at dusk it looks more like a medium/dark green.

I wasn't wild about the color when I first bought my car and considered a color change at some point, but I very quickly grew to like it (I get a lot of compliments on it too). It may have been the most popular color in 68/69, but it's also the most popular color to change. I rarely see another Verdoro green car when I attend the occasional car show with mine.

P.S Add the hood tach. I think it really adds a little something to the looks of the car which I why I added one to my '70 Lemans Sport.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 PM

Scott - see my other thread on Verdoro green. Do you happen to know a couple things - first what brand of paint did your painter use? Second, do you know what number he used from that brand?

1965 Ford Mustang
1965 Oldsmobile 442
1968 Pontiac GTO
1968 Dodge Charger
1972 Chevrolet Vega (V8)
1973 Corvette Stingray
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1980 Triumph Spitfire
1983 GMC A-Team Van
Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by corellian corvette View Post
Scott - see my other thread on Verdoro green. Do you happen to know a couple things - first what brand of paint did your painter use? Second, do you know what number he used from that brand?
I honestly don't know what brand of paint was used, but I'm pretty sure it's not correct for a true from-the-factory Verdoro green.

The car was painted by the previous owner and I decided that I wanted to add the GTO hood and wing to my Lemans - the body shop had a hell of time trying to match the color. He painted up test panels using the two most common brands of paint and they didn't match the color that was on the car. The weird thing was that from one angle the test panels looked like a dead-on match, but if he rotated the panel to a different angle it looked completely different. For example: he had me stand about 15 feet away from the driver's side of the car and held both test panels over the hood and they both looked the same, but when he rotated both panels from the hood down to the fender they looked like three different colors. Something to do with the type of metallics used by the different paint manufacturers in each brand of paint and the way they reflect light from any given angle, he said. He eventually was able to find the right brand of paint and matched the hood to the rest of the car perfectly.

Unfortunately, I do not know what brand of paint he eventually used. I was just relieved that he found the "correct" color because having the hood not match the rest of the car would have looked terrible and would have driven me nuts. I probably would have had the whole car repainted. I could ask them if they still remember what paint/mix was used. Like I stated earlier, I'm pretty sure it's not a match to the original GM factory Verdoro green, but I really do like the color a lot... whatever it may actually be.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 05-18-2016, 02:04 PM

Thumbs up

Love the lemans with the hood tach! I have a GTO hood i was thinking about adding, and I thought about the hood tach too, but you just made up my mind!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit IMG_0107.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	428673