Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You're taking a lot of this out of context, and personal. You shouldn't as you were not the one that stirred the pot. I'll keep an eye open for you and stop by if I get the chance. You do the same, anyone is welcome in my pit. You will find that the ecm boys will be friendly with ANYONE that stops by as well. relax and look forward to a good time.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks, Mike,
Don't know about the "context"...all I know is what I read. I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. and I'll be SURE to stop buy and say 'HEY". Lookin' forward to some nice weather and some great cars.
Brad

Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

me too

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnick166 View Post
I'm sure some will claim I'm just another "but hurt CV-1 crybaby". Nothing could be further from the truth. Race hard, be safe and have fun. Looks to be some FINE weather for the event.....really hope it hold true to the forcast. See ya' all on Friday!
Dont take any of the BS around here serious. I could care less what heads you have. (I mean hell Brian has CV1's) So it doesnt mean squat. If you happen see to our pit be sure to stop in and BS with us please.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
Dont take any of the BS around here serious. I could care less what heads you have. (I mean hell Brian has CV1's) So it doesnt mean squat. If you happen see to our pit be sure to stop in and BS with us please.
X2!!!

yep my pit BITCH has cv1s and I will be helping him get his stuff back together.

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 07-28-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

Robin is also an example of a successful program. Means little if your fighter never shows up at the fight. Or makes a poor showing.

These are all opinions from a guy sitting in the seats. But I have seen a lot of fights and can judge things pretty well for being senile.

Tom Vaught
I am not sure what you are trying to say so give me some clarification? Are you saying I don't show and make poor performances?? You have seen a map? Should I be expected to tow 2,000 miles for 38 hours for one race that "might" happen? I am proud of Lil Jack and respect what he has done, i know the efforts required but this statement baffles me.

- 2 years ago we made the tow (this is not meant to poke Lil Jack, it's just how the day went and I've been on the other side enough to know what it can be like) and ran some 8.40 times @ over 168 in BRUTAL heat and humidity skating the tires well into second. Several tenths and by memory 8 mph faster than Jack. Admittedly, because we race at night and this isn't my day job I couldn't figure out how to put the power down on a sun beaten hot slick track and most of our passes were aborted. If that is what you mean by performance when i show than I guess you can bust my balls!

- I am also quite certain we were the only car there faster than high 9's that drove to all the exhibition events, drove to the start and from the shutdown lanes, never put a battery charger on except to crank the car for valve settings and run the fans after passes. The only one with big fans and an alternator to run them. We could have changed the tires and driven to town for a burger!

- 2005 we put down an 8.61@161 on unleaded 93 octane fuel in front of the whole world dispatching a host of bigger money, professionally built non-Pontiac cars with this pile we built all by ourselves in my home garage. Since then, until recently, our Top Dog status was as close to undisputed as you could get!

- All of our tracks have been closed for 9 months and may not open for some time to come.

So maybe ease up on the rhetoric (words intended to make a point) and give a brother a break! All things come back around but don't throw me under the bus because you have a beef.

Off to church to pray for patience ;-). See you later!

Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty T/A View Post
- I am not sure what you are trying to say so give me some clarification? Are you saying I don't show and make poor performances?? You have seen a map? Should I be expected to tow 2,000 miles for 38 hours for one race that "might" happen? I am proud of Lil Jack and respect what he has done, i know the efforts required but this statement baffles me.
1) I realize that it is a long drive for you Robin. Also know that Bill Takanabe and Old Man Taylor, Pete McCarthy, and others have towed from the Southern California area to Norwalk. Some of them several times. I know that gas is higher vs in the days when they made the trips. Not expecting anything from you. The other "similar headed guys" in your camp throw the east coast air deal around a lot. They also apparently consider you to be the "flag bearer" for the best performance from their head design. All this is true in my mind. You have set the benchmark for the head mentioned above. I guess people want to see a fast head of the design you are using at Norwalk to battle it out with the ECM Guys. So the only issue is when you can't come. Not expected to tow 2,000 miles but a lot of your camp would like for you to show I am sure. That is the only point, no shows their hero can't defend them in the internet vs track battle. What a bunch of bs that deal is.

Quote:
- 2 years ago we made the tow (this is not meant to poke Lil Jack, it's just how the day went and I've been on the other side enough to know what it can be like) and ran some 8.40 times @ over 168 in BRUTAL heat and humidity skating the tires well into second. Several tenths and by memory 8 mph faster than Jack. Admittedly, because we race at night and this isn't my day job I couldn't figure out how to put the power down on a sun beaten hot slick track and most of our passes were aborted. If that is what you mean by performance when i show than I guess you can bust my balls!
At the time you were running 8.40s (at Norwalk in the heat) and agree that Jack was slower by several tenths. Running at night at a track like US-131 might have got you back to your times out west. US-131 ran for years at years at night. I saw Garlets set the record for 250 mph with his rail at 2:30 am in the morning, lol!

But NOW Jack has picked up his game and has run a 7 second time. 4 tenths faster than your Norwalk time so people, as I said before, want their Flag Bearer, to go 7.70s or quicker at Norwalk. But the Flag Bearer does not make the trip. So not busting your balls so much as responding to the other camp that wishful thinking for some 7.70s from Robin at Norwalk is not going to happen. So you are out west with your program doing your thing and the other camp would like for you to be at Norwalk to defend their head. I say get a bunch of those guys together (including the head guy) and have them sponsor your trip out next year. You take the time and they pay for everything else. If they want you to be their Mule, put up the money. That is my opinion on the deal. Otherwise the other guys are just internet bantering.

Quote:
- I am also quite certain we were the only car there faster than high 9's that drove to all the exhibition events, drove to the start and from the shutdown lanes, never put a battery charger on except to crank the car for valve settings and run the fans after passes. The only one with big fans and an alternator to run them. We could have changed the tires and driven to town for a burger!
What you are describing, Robin, is the whole package (not just a specific head design).
You have your whole deal scienced out. I saw the same in 1998 when the Keens were required to complete a 30 mile drive (in the early Super Street event days) and then run at the track. They could do that drive and still run high 7s at the time with their 347 cid supercharged Mustang. They could also "bracket race" their car (to with-in a few thousandths every pass) and could drive it on the street for extended periods of time so I believe every word you have posted there.

Quote:
- 2005 we put down an 8.61@161 on unleaded 93 octane fuel in front of the whole world dispatching a host of bigger money, professionally built non-Pontiac cars with this pile we built all by ourselves in my home garage. Since then, until recently, our Top Dog status was as close to undisputed as you could get!
Never said that you were not the TOP DOG of the alternative head Guys. That deal is obvious. Again your boys need to step up with some money to get you to Norwalk where your performance achievements can be appreciated at the Ames National Event in Aug.
Your engine is set up to run in heat, so that should not be a big deal if it is hot at Norwalk. Same deal for the altitude difference. So the only issue I am hearing is a bit of tuning for daytime Norwalk track conditions to run some quick 7 second times. And of course getting you and the car here.

Quote:
- - All of our tracks have been closed for 9 months and may not open for some time to come.

So maybe ease up on the rhetoric (words intended to make a point) and give a brother a break! All things come back around but don't throw me under the bus because you have a beef.

Off to church to pray for patience ;-). See you later!

Never had a beef with you personally. Beef (if any) is with the Internet Racers on PY, (I am not a racer PERIOD presently, may never be now that I am old and senile according to some) I just ask questions that the alternative head boys have a hard time answering something.

So again, I apologize for the appearance of throwing you under the bus. Was not my intent. Beef was with the Internet boys waving the "IF ROBIN" bs around when it comes to the ECM crews yearly match racing talk. Granddad used to say, "If the Dog hadn't stopped, he would have caught the rabbit too" Sure you have heard that one at some point in your life.

So what do you think your package could put down for et and mph on a proper track in good heat conditions on August 3, 2013, Robin?

Tom Vaught

Hope when you got back from church you said a prayer for me too. I could use a few with all the bs going on in my life the last two years.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Tom,

Is that seriously your best answer??? LOL....... Garlits, Keens... LOL... You missed a few: Johnson does with less cubes and no nitrous! What about Larson?? Besides, my little brother can whip all of you on his BMX!

One thing I've learned all these years is if someone doesn't want to respect you it's easy, someone they know is always faster, always cooler!! As for Jack I gave the only exact comparison we have had historically. Any comparison past that in this conversation is simply as ignorant as your suggestion that I had poor showings.

I'm moving on from this topic.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Boost Engineer

Just answer one question Robin: "So what do you think your package could put down for et and mph on a proper track in good heat conditions on August 3, 2013, at Norwalk Ohio, Robin?"

Simple question, not to hard for a guy who says he goes to church.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Simple question, not to hard for a guy who says he goes to church.

Tom Vaught

If he doesn't answer, will you threaten to leave the board again??

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post

Jim
Tom left the forums about 3 years ago, he just doesn't know it yet.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
this isn't a time for jokes, petro-

ridiculing someone's faith is WAY past that

Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post

Jim
No need to "threaten" on anything. I got my answer. Another CV-1 clone.
Push the button and the party line pops out.

Really just business as usual. Why would I leave the board when all you "red nose" boys make me laugh every night. Really should call YOU guys the "E-Head" guys. EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES. (Excuse Head Boys)

Really can't even answer a simple question.

Tom V.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
Petro: God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth!

I guess he also gave you 10 typing fingers thus destroying my helpful biological lesson ;-)

Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Robin, you might want to change your signature.

Just sayn

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post

Just sayn
174 MPH is faster than 170.84 MPH.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Boost Engineer

Robin said he was off to church. I go to church too, Jim (7T2). So you are way out of line with this statement: "ridiculing someone's faith is WAY past that"
I ask the MAN for an honest answer to my question: "So what do you think your package could put down for et and mph on a proper track in good heat conditions on August 3, 2013, at Norwalk Ohio, Robin?"

Right now we are having nice cool weather. Supposed to be that way possibly thru the weekend.

So your comments and the village idiots comments are out of line.

Robin brought up the church deal in his post. I asked a valid question. PERIOD.

You guys are really searching for any little thing to whine about in the forum. Get over it, I like the PY Forums. I plan on being here a long time.

The forums helped me over the years to communicate information to a variety of types of people. Some very smart mechanically inclined people to people who cannot wind a toy without screwing it up. Learned to accept genius and stupidity in people's replies.

One thing I think that I will always have issues with is people making excuses for stuff.
I can live with people making mistakes. I can live with the village idiot (GG) posting about his "communal" engine build process. I can live with Bill's posts, (actually the guys is very talented) just hooked up with the wrong crowd.

I see Jeff backed out on his bet with Calvin. No surprises there as everyone is messing around in this race forum. No one should really take anything serious in this forum. After all it is a clone of Yellow Bullet now.

Have a great Monday Guys. See you tonight for our little chats.

Tom Vaught

Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
174 MPH is faster than 170.84 MPH.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Never saw a time slip or a video.

If you have too much timing in a motor it will show a high mph while it is hurting itself.

7.94@3460#s > 8.13@3300#s

Just sayn

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Boost Engineer

You would think, Jack, if you ran 174 MPH you would have that slip framed somewhere on a wall and could whip a copy of it out of a wallet faster than Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke.

Tom Vaught

Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post

Just sayn
DIDTHATJUSTHAPPEN!!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing