Old 09-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have owned several '68's, 69's & one '72 ElCo project. Have traded & sold parts & built posi rearends for many many more of the 68-72's ElCo's. Not a quick buy in to the one off creations that have very limited appeal. Can relay the '70 model Chevelle SS frontend is what one will find on many non '70 model Elco's & '71-72 ex Malibu's & even a few '71-72 Chevelle SS's. The '70 frontend is the look the non #'s driver crowd Chebby guys go gaga over. If I had a decent driver '68, 69, 71, or '72 Elco & it needed front end sheetmetal, I'd install '70 model Elco-SW fenders & headlamp housings, along with a '70 header panel, SS hood & grille, & bumper in a minute! Get tired of the car & want to sell it, will have little problem getting ones money back. Any other GM A-body "front end conversion", the body contours don't match as well from the front to rear, & one has backed themselves into a corner with a very limited amt of buyers if one wants to sell, or has to sell. Just my '02.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by post toastie View Post
the el judgeamino It needs a 68-69 gto rear wheel housing to look right.
It clashes. The 68 also clashes, you just don't notice as much because of the color. The 68 needs a endura bumper. The only ones that look right are the Oldsmobile and Buick conversions. They are a lot of work, you would think someone would notice the rear wheel wells not looking right before they painted the cars.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The reason the Buick and Oldsmobile conversions work is because they used Buick and Oldsmobile quarter panels when they built them.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksGTO View Post
I've seen this 442 Camino a few times at shows here in Texas, very nicely done car!

That's one neat looking car/truck. Really like the 1/4's.

TOM