THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to MOJO Catalina
Default Anyboday Going to Indiana Pontiacs Open House 10/13?

I'm in NC and need a bit of help from a Pontiac pal. Steve is busy moving things and does not have the time to remove a rear bumper for my '60 Safari 9 passenger and ship it to me. I'm hoping one of my pals from this forum will be going to one of these open houses soon (not necessarily this upcoming one) and can do this job for me. Let me know if you or someone you know might be going and might be willing to help me out..

Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I am going to the November one. If you can do that, we could ride together. I have to haul some stuff out and back. Taking a 3/4 ton GMC.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OK, sounds good. I can drive to your place since you are a few miles closer. I may need to snatch the rear doors and who knows what else?.. What are you getting? Or is it just a road trip?

Old 10-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am picking up a seat and some long trim and dropping off some big sheet metal. Plenty of room and payload capy. for whatever you need. I do not have a cap for my truck, but will need to cover the seat in some contractor trash bags or whatever in case of weather.

If you can not go in person, I am also willing to pick the items up if he has removed them. Might be a quick turn-around depending. Getting those big phillips screws out of door hinges can be problematic if pressed for time.

I sent you a PM.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, I hear ya about those big Phillips screws. I have a large Craftsman screwdriver that I use. Shoot with PB blaster or wd40.. Put the screwdriver in the screw, Give it a couple of firm hits with a ball peen hammer and then I use a small pipe wrench on the the metal shaft where it meets the plastic handle. Works every time. If I end up going with you I'll bring a tarp the we can wrap everything up in. What size is the truck bed? I have a cap in the barn..

Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have had those things so I could not get them out with anything but an impact #3 phillips that you drive with a hammer - or taking the hinge apart. If you remind me we can take the magic penetrating elixir.

It's an '01 GMC 8' wide box.

Road trip!

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon