Old 11-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1970 - 81 Dash Pad restoration

I just pulled my dash out of my 71 Formula. Wasn't too bad. Because, I had my son do most of the work. Has anyone here used Just Dashes? How is there work? How much does it cost? Is there anyone better out there?

Thanks
Dave

Old 11-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Just Dashes charges around $800. They do their own work and do an excellent job.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

agree with 69RA..JustDashes do really nice work. vacuum mold the entire dash with new material. Some say the grain is off slightly, I think it is fine. Had my 71 TA done last year. expensive and takes 4-6 months to return, but really one of a very few options when dealing with a messed up dash..

Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

Cool. Now I just need to figure out how to ship it? I can't imagine that will be cheap. Finding some kind of box could be a challenge too.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just got a dash pad back from Just Dashes (photos on the left). It compares very well with my NOS dash pad (photo on the right). The grain is slightly more pronounced on the Just Dashes piece, but I suspect the difference will disappear once it's been dyed. The overall shape and contours are the same. The cost is significantly higher than was mentioned below, however.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	just dashes 70 ta.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	345011   Click image for larger version

Name:	just dashes ta2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	345012   Click image for larger version

Name:	NOS dash TA.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	345013  

Old 12-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I just got a dash pad back from Just Dashes (photos on the left).
have you tried to install your gauge or radio bezel's yet??? just curious how their gonna fit into the openings.....

Old 12-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbirdta View Post
have you tried to install your gauge or radio bezel's yet??? just curious how their gonna fit into the openings.....
I checked the gauge bezel. The fit is slightly tighter with the Just Dashes pad. I didn't push it in all the way though.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I was waiting for that..............

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=736236

as for cost, try almost double what was mentioned above...

Old 12-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What happened to the repo dash that were released???

Old 12-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzz2 View Post
those have been "released" for 10-15 years & only very few people got them that were on waiting lists for years & years. & most all of them have fitment or cosmetic issues.

would be nice if OER could get their crap together & make these available. they would sell like hot cakes & would bring down the price of used, usually warped ones, that sell for $500+.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Senior Chief

I ordered an OER Dash in June 2012 and still don't have it yet. That is really pissing me off.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Suspended

Most of the guys that have posted the price here have said the dash is about $ 2000.00 when you add in the shipping BOTH ways as just dashs won't pay for shipping on the dashs either way so you pay the shipping to & from your house or place of business. You would think that they would at least pay to ship it back to you but they are about the only show in town so they can get the price & anything else they want when it come to your dash. Plus most have said plan on doing in when you have the car down for at least 4-5 months as thats how slow they are.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I checked the gauge bezel. The fit is slightly tighter with the Just Dashes pad. I didn't push it in all the way though.
your gonna want to be real careful during final assembly with the dash bezel. it will have a tendency to dig into the corner's of the opening the further you push it in, especially up at the top. one of two thing's could happen, either your gonna rip/tare the dash opening and/or you'll bend the bezel. my experience is JD shrank the bezel opening by almost 3/8" and it would not fit so they had to redo it and its still too tight for my liking......

Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzz2 View Post
I have one of these. I'm not sure how old it is. It was included with a car I purchased last year. It looks very nice and seems to fit well. As with the Just Dashes pad, the grain in the vinyl is slightly more pronounced as compared to an original.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
your gonna want to be real careful during final assembly with the dash bezel. it will have a tendency to dig into the corner's of the opening the further you push it in, especially up at the top. one of two thing's could happen, either your gonna rip/tare the dash opening and/or you'll bend the bezel. my experience is JD shrank the bezel opening by almost 3/8" and it would not fit so they had to redo it and its still too tight for my liking......
Now you've made me curious. I'll unpack the JD pad this evening and see if the bezel fits. I didn't push it in completely before because I was afraid of scratching the vinyl. I could tell it was going to rub somewhat, but I assumed it would slide in without too much of a fuss. But if mine has the same problem as yours, I'd like to know now rather than later. Can't believe I have to worry about this given how much it cost! Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Senior Chief

What are good used dashes worth? I collected a black and a blue one just in case mine cracked. At a certain price they might be worth selling rather than taking up room.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was tight, but I got a bezel to fit in the JD's pad without causing damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jd pad and bezel.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	345218  

Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It was tight, but I got a bezel to fit in the JD's pad without causing damage.
glad to hear it!!!!