THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
Thank you, Steven Wright.
Actually, George Carlin. As much as I love Steven, George gets the credit here.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 12-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rubik's cube
and
Reading Fiction.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Places that don't answer the phone and never return your call when you leave a message. I guess they are not interested in selling their products or services.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski View Post
I also never watch sports on TV. A waste of time. I'd rather do anything else...the GTO always has a list of fixes/improvements, for example.

George
X2 for me. Maybe just a reason to sit on your behind. I always liked baseball or softball. I used to be a kids coach. Every summer all the kids would be taken to a Tigers game and I never went. Would get in on football pools at work and won a lot. Would come in on Monday and someone would say-Who won the game-I hope I did-Boy would they be mad cause they knew I never watched it.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Telemarketers who call your house 4/5 times per week AFTER you tell them you are not interested.

Why a significant amount of people lack basic manners.

Why people selectively reply to e-mail - just answer the message.

Why anyone litters.

Animal abuse.

Liberal stance on gun control.

Criminals.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by My442 View Post
Why anyone litters.
x2. Including cigarette butts out the car window.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 12-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

SBC in a '32 Ford
Any Chevy in any Pontiac.

The Following User Says Thank You to ho428 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
x2. Including cigarette butts out the car window.

K
Now that ash trays are no longer available or are only available as an option on many of the new cars and trucks being made today the cigarette butts coming out the window issue will probably get worse.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969GiPper View Post
Now that ash trays are no longer available or are only available as an option on many of the new cars and trucks being made today the cigarette butts coming out the window issue will probably get worse.
"Muffin tin" ashtray inserts...

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 12-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Senior Chief

I don't get...

The NY Islanders - Why do I continue to follow them when they have sucked so bad for so long. And yet I watch every game and root for them no matter what. I watch till the very end even when the game is clearly out of reach.

Reality TV - There is nothing real about it. Its scripted for God's sake!!!

Some parents - No children are perfect angels. PLEASE discipline them when they need it.

Upper management - Why is it when I have a 1st line supervisor that actually knows the job AND knows how to work with his employees, he is shunned and driven away by the higher-ups?

The Slap Chop, Perfect Pancake, EZ Cracker, etc - If you need these, you should stay out of the kitchen and let someone else cook.

My temper - I can spend hours trying to remove a frozen, rusty bolt from my Lemans and enjoy every minute of it. But after 2 minutes of trying to get a stuck brake rotor off my daily driver, tools go air born and I start screaming words that would make a sailor blush.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefan71 View Post
I don't get...

My temper - I can spend hours trying to remove a frozen, rusty bolt from my Lemans and enjoy every minute of it. But after 2 minutes of trying to get a stuck brake rotor off my daily driver, tools go air born and I start screaming words that would make a sailor blush.
Ummm...

Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lots of good stuff already. I'd add:

Eating contests - let's go watch some slob shove hot dogs down his throat!!

Over The Top Birthday Parties - like every 10yr. old (or anyone else) really needs a family get together AND a cupcake party at school AND a huge neighborhood bash for 150 of his/her closest friends with caterers, live entertainment, a yard full of bounce toys and of course a professional fireworks display.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about those over the top child beauty pageants? Those parents should be taken out back and have some common sense beat into their skulls. That train wreck called Honey Boo-Boo and her family do not need a "reality show", they need a speech therapist. None of those inbred rednecks can even comprehend proper grammar, much less make any use of it.

That and those society sluts that are famous for being famous. (Paris H., Kim K, etc..)
Apparently the message being delivered is that all that it takes to "be somebody" is to be born with a silver spoon and make (and "leak") a sex tape.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFCM6TZgTMI

Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The gluten-free craze.
If you don't have Celiac Disease, (1 out of 1750) it won't hurt you.
I saw gluten-free spaghetti in the store the other day. Gluten is what holds pasta together! What do they use instead? Elmer's? Silicone caulk?

Old 12-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

People who think it's OK to leave their shopping cart loose out in a parking lot, especially in a handicap spot.

The Following User Says Thank You to chipster For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This one probably just bothers me because I'm somewhat autistic, but it happens all the time and it just boggles my mind.
When I go someplace for lunch, I'm usually alone, and I always go early or late to avoid crowds. If I go to a place, and I'm the only one there, the next person to come in will usually either sit right behind me, so out heads are just a few inches apart, or will sit at the next booth or table, directly facing me. Complete strangers. The whole place is empty, except for me, and they seem to want to watch me eat, or force me to watch them eat. I would sit on the other side of the room, facing away. Who is the weirdo here?

The Following User Says Thank You to chipster For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
How about those over the top child beauty pageants? Those parents should be taken out back and have some common sense beat into their skulls. That train wreck called Honey Boo-Boo and her family do not need a "reality show", they need a speech therapist. None of those inbred rednecks can even comprehend proper grammar, much less make any use of it.

That and those society sluts that are famous for being famous. (Paris H., Kim K, etc..)
Apparently the message being delivered is that all that it takes to "be somebody" is to be born with a silver spoon and make (and "leak") a sex tape.
Speaking of making a big deal about children's mediocre accomplishments, how about graduation ceremonies for 1st and 2nd grade, and other such nonsense? And bumper stickers that state "My kid is an Honor Student at (insert name of school here) Elementary school. Later on, if the Kid is Valedictorian at M.I.T., or Harvard, I can see it. But not 1st grade.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

5 inch "fart tubes" on stock 1 inch "pea shooter" exhaust. "Cold Air" intakes for late model Rice Burners that have a metal pipe and an open element air filter under the hot underhood area, when the factory plastic pipes already were set up to pick up the outside air. Why some people use so much slang and abbreviations in their speech nowadays? Why people that work in Auto parts stores nowadays know nothing about cars?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stags View Post
Lots of good stuff already. I'd add:

Eating contests - let's go watch some slob shove hot dogs down his throat!!

Over The Top Birthday Parties - like every 10yr. old (or anyone else) really needs a family get together AND a cupcake party at school AND a huge neighborhood bash for 150 of his/her closest friends with caterers, live entertainment, a yard full of bounce toys and of course a professional fireworks display.
You're forgetting the pony. Gotta have a pony.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts