Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
How about if you take that tablespoon of water and drop it down the throat of your carb while it's idling?

Does it make a difference?

Maybe I am older than dirt, but water into the carb while the engine was running used to be a way of decarbonizing an engine in the old days.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, but usually at a high idle, so the engine wouldn't die.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Can you let the "science world" know cause they their still arguing how/why it happens.
Probably the ECM guys?

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Probably the ECM guys?

Go shove a big cactus up your azz!!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Or a small one.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Go shove a big cactus up your azz!!

Jack - I think you made a mistake. You didn't login to YB, this is PY.

We are much too civilized here for that! Cactus is too crude for some here, instead of a "cactus" use "prickly pear". Much more civilized.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

it's snowing.
again.

perhaps the VERY best rambling ever: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs00fBj2nH0

Old 01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
it's snowing.
again.

perhaps the VERY best rambling ever: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs00fBj2nH0
Yeah there is a moral. The moral of his story was that you can smoke, drink, and eat bacon every day of your life and you can still live to 95 years old. "It just goes to show you" that while some people die of smoking and eating bacon, he didn't, he's still above ground! Temporarily, as we all are.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
Hey -- I believe in Asgard
All I want to know is how your Twin Turbo Real live Pontiac powered GTO is running and will you get it up to Mission Raceway soon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MRP-26-05-12-178.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	350354  

Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 PM

I’ve been a member of this forum for many years and as you can see I don’t participate very often and I’ve been apprehensive about jumping into this highly active bantering for fear of being viewed as just some rookie and that I’d be admonished for presenting something to the conversation. Then I remembered that y’all are my heroes and heroes can do no harm.

I got together with 4 good friends of mine. Three are Doctorate Level Theoretical Physicists (Sheldon, Lenard and Raj) and Howard is a Master’s Level Mechanical Engineer. All four guys are very well known for their extremely high intelligence. I presented them the hypothesis about coatings on the chambers or piston tops giving an increase of power output due to the thermal protection of the coating materials. A highly animated debate ensued among the three physicists depicting the many different aspects (most of which were already presented in this thread) and that in theory, there would be an increase in power output. That’s when Howard (the M.E.) threw a wrench into the conversation saying that they were so wrapped up in the original hypothesis, they forgot all about the Law Of Unintended Consequences. He went on to say that they were missing the boat and that he had empirical data based on many experiments. Howard presented the position that the increase in power output was due the .003” coating on the piston or chamber (or both to double the effect) and would obviously increase the compression ratio and we all know that the higher the compression ration the higher the power output would be. Sheldon, Lenard and Raj reluctantly couldn’t reject Howard’s logic because it was based on long known and accepted data. I asked them if they could tell me how much faster my car would be and they said, “Well, you’d at least knock off a couple of days if you were going to where no man has gone before; the outer reaches of the galaxy but it really wouldn’t make any difference to me since I’d be cosmic dust by the time I got there.” We’re still best of friends to this day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miltmilton For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltmilton View Post
I’ve been a member of this forum for many years and as you can see I don’t participate very often and I’ve been apprehensive about jumping into this highly active bantering for fear of being viewed as just some rookie and that I’d be admonished for presenting something to the conversation. Then I remembered that y’all are my heroes and heroes can do no harm.

I got together with 4 good friends of mine. Three are Doctorate Level Theoretical Physicists (Sheldon, Lenard and Raj) and Howard is a Master’s Level Mechanical Engineer. All four guys are very well known for their extremely high intelligence. I presented them the hypothesis about coatings on the chambers or piston tops giving an increase of power output due to the thermal protection of the coating materials. A highly animated debate ensued among the three physicists depicting the many different aspects (most of which were already presented in this thread) and that in theory, there would be an increase in power output. That’s when Howard (the M.E.) threw a wrench into the conversation saying that they were so wrapped up in the original hypothesis, they forgot all about the Law Of Unintended Consequences. He went on to say that they were missing the boat and that he had empirical data based on many experiments. Howard presented the position that the increase in power output was due the .003” coating on the piston or chamber (or both to double the effect) and would obviously increase the compression ratio and we all know that the higher the compression ration the higher the power output would be. Sheldon, Lenard and Raj reluctantly couldn’t reject Howard’s logic because it was based on long known and accepted data. I asked them if they could tell me how much faster my car would be and they said, “Well, you’d at least knock off a couple of days if you were going to where no man has gone before; the outer reaches of the galaxy but it really wouldn’t make any difference to me since I’d be cosmic dust by the time I got there.” We’re still best of friends to this day.

Milt that was great! But you should have asked Penny.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That's good Milton!

What temp did they come up with for cooler/hotter chamber temps when using the thermal barrier coating?

Ask them to join and add their views?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
output was due the .003” coating on the piston or chamber (or both to double the effect) and would obviously increase the compression ratio and we all know that the higher the compression ration the higher the power output would be
Btw, should have asked them if the combustion process was better with the coating how much more power could be had if optimizing to take the new conditions into effect?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltmilton View Post

Are you Professor Proton?

The Following User Says Thank You to Motor Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Btw, should have asked them if the combustion process was better with the coating how much more power could be had if optimizing to take the new conditions into effect?

You do realize that they were exploring theories and pretty much gave an anology similar to toms.....right John? No real new news. I know you got all excited about smart people talking(as I'm sure you only include yourself in that catagory). Still nothing to prove or back up THE theory. Eh tiger.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great post milt

Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-daddy View Post
Are you Professor Proton?
If yes, ask "are you positive?"

Beam me TF coatings up.

Coatings: who cares?!

My points on texture for wet-flow have gone completely crickets. As if....it works.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
anology similar to toms
Hmmm...

Don't know about anology?

Here's Tom's analogy in a different form:

1 snowflake on the ground will not matter in the grand scheme of things.

So, when that next snow storm comes, just think of it as "what can a snowflake do?"

No big deal.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My points on texture for wet-flow have gone completely crickets. As if....it works.
Rough textures work?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Hmmm...

Don't know about anology?

Here's Tom's analogy in a different form:

1 snowflake on the ground will not matter in the grand scheme of things.

So, when that next snow storm comes, just think of it as "what can a snowflake do?"

No big deal.

Whoa dude thats heavy.....man.