Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
I bet I know "which" some of you guys....you refer to. This may be the "LEFT" turn I referred to...
Good for you, I knew you would catch on quickly.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post
Good for you, I knew you would catch on quickly.
Whats really funny is the only thing we don't "know" is which of you will be the one to do "it". We know you guys are gonna do "it" before you do....LOL

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
As a BOP belt drive user, I would like to know how another belt is more proven and better/stronger than the BOP belt which I have not heard that its had any failures.
Fixing something that isnt broke imo. I understand that Wade doesnt make a tall deck belt drive any more and that is why they are building one so why not just say that instead of our belt is proven and its better/stronger?

... seriously, relax ok ? ... Bruce is just repeating something he was told ... Bruce is not stating the BOP system doesn't work, and work well ...

... the belt being used in 572 build is basically a "Prostock" level piece, it's larger in size and has higher load capacity, Bruce is just stating a fact, nothing more, Bruce did not make any claims of BOP failures Brian ...

... i talked directly to Wade about the tall deck belt issue i was faced with, as Wade did not have any, but willing to make more, just for me, but the cost was high, as Wade would have to make just one unit for my engine, which the cost was understandable high ...

... i told him i appreciated his time, but we'd try to find a cheaper alternative to my belt-drive problem, Wade was very helpful to me and i appreciated his help ... even he understood me not wanting to spend over $3,000 for just one belt drive ...

... Wade was very easy to talk to, and makes a nice product, i think we all know that ...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twinturrbo406 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Not without him or GG buying a custom tall deck BOP belt drive set-up from Wade between now and Norwalk.

Tom V.

... wrong again Tom ...

Old 02-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
he was referring to the actual twin turbo car.....

... oh, my bad ...

Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
quoted from the 2013 predictions tread.....

... and your point is ?? ... was i not trying to be cordial with that response to you Mike ?? ...

Old 02-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... and your point is ?? ... was i not trying to be cordial with that response to you Mike ?? ...
I'm just hoping you make it to norwalk....Thats all. Was I a little abstract in that post? yes but not in an unfriendly manner towards you.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Think we have had this discussion before.

1) Wade (BOP) and Wade's Engineer (Mark) report that the BOP Belt Drive system has been extremely reliable. As mentioned, there are quite a few BOP systems out there in use currently. To say that a unproven Belt Drive set-up is better is premature.

2) Anyone can copy anything. The deal is if you copy Gates belt design material or tooth profile hobbed into the drive and driven gear, Gates and their lawyers will get very angry with you. Jesel and BOP have an agreement with Gates regarding their Belt Drive systems.

3) Belts for Industrial equipment DO have very high load capabilities. Most Industrial belts though ARE NOT designed for HIGH RPM use. High RPM meaning 7000+ rpm.
If you want to win a race you had better be spinning the engine 7000+ rpm to have a chance of winning.

4) So you need to find a 1" belt that is the right length, the right tooth profile, and the right material to survive in a racing application, not an industrial rpm application.
Good Luck and I hope you get it figured out and installed by Norwalk.

5)
a) If the New Belt Drive uses a 1" wide belt of the same material as the BOP design, then it is a copy because Jesel and BOP are the only ones with that agreement with Gates.

b) If the New Belt Drive uses the same tooth count for the drive and driven gears then it is a copy.

c) If the New Belt Drive uses the same tooth profile as the BOP then it is a copy.

So the point is, ANYONE can COPY anything. Saying that the COPY is better than the Original (without ANY track time to back it up) sounds like a certain head deal gone bad from an over-enthusiastic group from the peanut gallery.

Just saying.

Tom V.

ps I was told that Wade hurt his back and might be out of commission for a while.
Prayers to Wade and his family.

... jesus Tom, are you insane ?? "LAWYERS ??? " ... seriously, you've made some large assumptions with your statement Tom, we have in no way shape or form copied BOP's belt drive ...

... what is wrong with you ?? ... you just grabbed the anchor here and jumped over-board, i mean there is not one single component in my belt drive that you'll find in BOP's belt drive ...

... especially considering they don't make it any more Tom ... lol ... and yes, it's bigger than just 1.000 wide, and yes, it has more load capacity, and is rated for "Extreme" high rpm usage Tom ...

... what else do you need to know ?? ...

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Atta boy...theres no use. They think it and its as good as gold...even better.

... no need for being dramatic Mike, i'll send ya' some kool-aid if you like ?? ...

The Following User Says Thank You to twinturrbo406 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm just hoping you make it to norwalk....Thats all. Was I a little abstract in that post? yes but not in an unfriendly manner towards you.

... me too Mike, and my offer still stands ...

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... jesus Tom, are you insane ?? "LAWYERS ??? " ... seriously, you've made some large assumptions with your statement Tom, we have in no way shape or form copied BOP's belt drive ...

... what is wrong with you ?? ... you just grabbed the anchor here and jumped over-board, i mean there is not one single component in my belt drive that you'll find in BOP's belt drive ...

... especially considering they don't make it any more Tom ... lol ... and yes, it's bigger than just 1.000 wide, and yes, it has more load capacity, and is rated for "Extreme" high rpm usage Tom ...

... what else do you need to know ?? ...
Not in any way saying you did copy, but if only for personal use I think nothing could be done anyway. Bringing it to market is a different deal.

Good luck and I hope it works out well

Old 02-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
i inquired about getting one and was basically told its a one off deal. guess my money is no good

... when you inquired, we were still figuring out the issues, didn't mean we couldn't make more than one, just at that time we hadn't even made the "one" yet ...

Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... me too Mike, and my offer still stands ...
I fully plan on accepting that offer!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW go to bed! I'm only posting this late because its not late here it 1pm on the other side of the world....

Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not in any way saying you did copy, but if only for personal use I think nothing could be done anyway. Bringing it to market is a different deal.

Good luck and I hope it works out well

... no Mike, you're wrong, we could sell them if we wanted to, as this is nothing like the BOP system at all, it uses a wider belt of higher load and rpm capacity, and completely different pulleys and hub ...

... it's nothing like the BOP system, get it ?? ...

Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
BTW go to bed! I'm only posting this late because its not late here it 1pm on the other side of the world....

... huh, i just left the shop a few hours ago !! ... i had some Prostock heads to finish !! ...

Old 02-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Truth Dan? This is where it always takes a "LEFT" turn. Most of the koolaide drinkers prefer the emotional defense rather than the logical truth based version.....

... truth ?? ... you mean like the truth that you've told others that you feel its just a matter of time that CV-1's will make big power on the right build, and that you look at them as a possible upgrade to what you have ?? ...

... the source is a trust worthy person, so if its true, then why don't any of your posts reflect this position ?? ...

Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Twinturrbo406, is the engine you are building the max effort race piece or the pump gas street/strip engine? Any details on the build? Is it a single four? Gas or alcohol?

Good luck with it!

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I fully plan on accepting that offer!

... i wouldn't expect any less ...

Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... no Mike, you're wrong, we could sell them if we wanted to, as this is nothing like the BOP system at all, it uses a wider belt of higher load and rpm capacity, and completely different pulleys and hub ...

... it's nothing like the BOP system, get it ?? ...
I guess...you missed the point there pal but whatever

The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post: