Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgoatguy View Post
Also, sometime back in the 1970's I found the Build Sheet behind the rear upper seat back cushion and it was in good shape, so am lucky to have that for the car.
That build sheet is pure gold and trumps any other document you can have for your car; don't let anything happen to it because it cannot be replaced!

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gary, I assume the doc you found was the "Production Broadcast Notice".

Regrettably, none found in my Fremont built '64 GTO but I've seen examples of a few.

Pretty sure the "INSERT PANEL DECK EMBLEMS GTO OPTION" verbiage was consistent for all Fremont built '64 GTOs in the Special Instructions box of the Fremont Production Broadcast Notice. Additional coding depended on what other options included such as your A49 Custom Seat Belts with the winder style retractors.

I'm curious if yours is early enough to have identified the Spring codes by Color Code, Front Springs being "BGE DKBLE" perhaps? Or were they coded by the later 2 character alpha codes, "SR" for front unless auto trans, "PN" for rear?

Also, if yours is a 4 spd, was the Trans coded KP or something else?

Is yours a convertible with the HD Frame identified? HD Frame would be a rare option on a Coupe.

Agree with Keith, they are very cool to have.

The Following User Says Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 12:46 AM

Hi John... Keith... and all,
For sure on my finding the Build Sheet, I'm super lucky to have it!!!
I've pulled the BS from the safe and am looking at it...
At the top is:
PRODUCTION BROADCAST NOTICE
BOP - FREMONT
Below that is:
'N' for Sunfire Red; '1' for Ivory convertible top; 19 for Parchment interior; 75014RSW redline tires; 'KP' for M20 4-spd; and 'K0' for 3.23 axle.
Followed by:
FRT SHOCKS = 'PURP GRAY'
RR SHOCKS = 'PURP GRAY'
R/FRT SPRG = 'BGE DKBLE'
L/FRT SPRG = 'BGE DKBLE'
RR SPRINGS = 'LAVENDER'
The car is a convertible, so there is the source of the HD FRAME notation. Also, engine is the 78X 325 HP 4 bbl but it had a Tri-Power on it when I bought it
I think that covers your questions but ask me anything anytime.

And hey, about this goat... I needing some help from GTO friends. I have a much needed restoration in the planning but am still searching for a few seemingly hard to find pieces in order to do it well. While being in the Southwest has been great for the car (sold new in Phoenix and no rust) I haven't had access to the big Pontiac/GTO meets in the Midwest and East to find parts. I'd really appreciate help with any NOS or near NOS '64 parts generally, but specifically I'm looking for:
- a NOS taillight lens drivers-side: because the car is 12A the lens needs to be a 'early lens' with the reflector cell inboard towards the gas door, pn 5955621 or 5955624.
- I have a NOS grill pair but really do need better headlight bezels than I have.
- years ago I 'lost' the retractors for the A49 SEAT BELTS, so do need a pair.
I've been holding off starting the restoration until I have these parts so my most sincere thanks to all who can help me get the show on the road.
Gary in Tucson

The Following User Says Thank You to AZgoatguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gary, thanks for the codes!

Can't help with parts, my Fremont 11D build also has the early taillight lenses, aren't perfect and only set I have!

The '64 winder style retractors are commonly seen on ebay. They should be easy to find.

Here's an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-GM-For...900602&vxp=mtr

There was also some sort of plastic sleeves used with the A49 Custom Seat Belts to hide the hardware for the latch half at the floor. These are much harder to find.

About all I can tell you, my GTO did not have either seat belt option, the standard seat belts became standard content after December.

The Following User Says Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post: