Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
For at least 3 years now and once again I will offer up to pay the entry fee for the first CV-headed car to enter the HU/NA race at Norwalk!Tom
Visners are canted valve does that count????

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
JDW, shouldn't you make some half way decent passes before calling everyone out?
Ok slow down and re-read my posts. I just made observations and the only guy I said anything about was kinsler.

I said nothing about skull dragging or beating anyone. Just responded to the comments I've seen lately. (Not to mention picking on pickle juice!)

I've made no claims in this post about how fast my car will be. It's a new combo I need to work out a few bugs.

Jeff

The Following User Says Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Don't go all pillow biter on us.

And you're right , that was not nice. You don't seem stupid, you just sometimes say some stupid chit You can kinda sorta take that as an apology.

Example of said stupid chit........Thinking that it is perfectly reasonable to challenge a NA car to a race when you are a twin turbo car. I call that CV syndrome. Cuz usually the only way they will race is with an unbelievably massive advantage.

But hey, I'll bite, so how bout that race?
I'm not going bitter.

I didn't call out a n/a car, re-read my comments. I was merely pointing out I would race someone without stipulations like your buddy, pickle.

Will you have a car at Norwalk?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Was this after drinkng her pretty and letting her take advantage of you? That's how I rolled back in the day.....
Oh no, nothing like that. After sitting through dinner listening to a 250lb girl that 5'1 tell me she is running a half marathon in oct I decided I better quit drinking. This chick was gonna tell me anything to get in my pants.

I told her I don't kiss on the first date....

Old 02-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post
Oh no, nothing like that. After sitting through dinner listening to a 250lb girl that 5'1 tell me she is running a half marathon in oct I decided I better quit drinking. This chick was gonna tell me anything to get in my pants.

Looks like I"m gonna have to teach you about the finer points of dating fat chicks during Drag Week grasshopper.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooter For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
For at least 3 years now and once again I will offer up to pay the entry fee for the first CV-headed car to enter the HU/NA race at Norwalk!Tom
Sh!t, if we don't have any takers I might throw my pig street car in there for sh!ts and grins. Wont be competitive with the group, but sure would be fun. And I'm cheap, so free entry is right down my alley. See how it goes....

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooter For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm not going bitter.

I didn't call out a n/a car, re-read my comments. I was merely pointing out I would race someone without stipulations like your buddy, pickle.

Will you have a car at Norwalk?
I think you're into pickle tests or contests, parties or whatever, and that moves you into the biter column there blower boy. What is it with you guys and your repressed homosexual fantasies? Really how about you keep it to cars, and drop your love of phallic symbols, its obvious that brings you some sort of comfort. And while we're at it how fast have you gone there smart guy? Really a serious question how fast? Did you ever find that post of me bashing your beloved head? I'm sure not.

Why would a car set up na want to race a power adder car? Lets hear your logic.....so far its the same lame azz cvcoolaidebutthurt crybabybullcrap cuz you cant run with a comparable power adder car.

Better yet why would a twin turbo car want to race a NA car? serious question

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.

Last edited by mike leech; 02-18-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
JDW, shouldn't you make some half way decent passes before calling everyone out?
Why would he do that? Thats not the cv1 way now is it? Get your respect first then later on maybe race your car if its ever finished. Isn't this the same guy that was gonna beat your balls black and blue last year then didn't show with a car? just curious

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
KK= pit bitch
DAMN STRAIGHT!!! King Kinsler will be PB Kinsler hopefully if all goes according to the plan.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to bad69bird For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

That's the time you decided to quit drinking? I would have been trying to figure out how to drink more just to get through dinner.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
I said nothing about skull dragging or beating anyone.

I've made no claims in this post about how fast my car will be. It's a new combo I need to work out a few bugs. Jeff
I wish you a lot of luck with your new combination. No challenge here.

Once you get it all sorted out your target number is 7.40 at 194 mph set by a 406 cid Pontiac Engine with Diesel Turbos, with 240 cfm cast iron factory Pontiac heads, and a Turbo 400 trans with no second gear at 3,000# weight.

You match that number with your deal at 3000# race weight in 2014 and you did something. ps That number was set in 1996. That number also allows you to run your current combination (with the latest aluminum parts, turbos, etc.).

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I wish you a lot of luck with your new combination. No challenge here.

Once you get it all sorted out your target number is 7.40 at 194 mph set by a 406 cid Pontiac Engine with Diesel Turbos, with 240 cfm cast iron factory Pontiac heads, and a Turbo 400 trans with no second gear at 3,000# weight.

You match that number with your deal at 3000# race weight in 2014 and you did something. ps That number was set in 1996. That number also allows you to run your current combination (with the latest aluminum parts, turbos, etc.).

Tom V.
The more time that passes, the more incredible that performance shows itself to be.

Tom, was that car/combination at all streetable? All the Pontiac turbo builds today, that I am aware of, strive to be cars that have street manners and that level of performance (Dragweek type cars). Almost 20 years later that may be possible.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Boost Engineer

Marty could drive the car to the line, make his pass, throw the parachute on the wing of the car, drive back to the pit, and go up for the next round without any maint other than adding fuel and checking tires.

I thought that was really a slick deal. Could he drive it on the street around Grand Rapids, Michigan like Jason does where he is?, PROBABLY.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I need some CVx heads.

very small pro port type preferred, no seats, guides

Old 02-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
I need some CVx heads.

very small pro port type preferred, no seats, guides
Selling your soul for a free race pass, lol! Hope someone bites on your quest.

Tom V.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No I really want to see what I can do with a set. A head is only as good as the guy who ported them and I have someone really good.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Why would he do that? Thats not the cv1 way now is it? Get your respect first then later on maybe race your car if its ever finished. Isn't this the same guy that was gonna beat your balls black and blue last year then didn't show with a car? just curious
Yes, he was going to skull drag me down Norwalks 1320 after he finished his fruity drink in that red solo cup through a straw.

Without a comp license.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes, he was going to skull drag me down Norwalks 1320 after he finished his fruity drink in that red solo cup through a straw.

Without a comp license.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68&feature=kp

2023 Best ET Slip
60’ 1.224
330 3.186
1/8 4.784
MPH 152.07
1000 6.175
ET 7.347
MPH 189.92
Weight 3650

YouTube Channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21...rWwgFdfTRqShGQ

FaceBook Group --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/220092308823847/
The Following User Says Thank You to RAIV-Z For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
And you refused?

Quote:

Apparently she doesn't either.

BBWTTF all the way... don't hate, appreciate.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
I think you're into pickle tests or contests, parties or whatever, and that moves you into the biter column there blower boy. What is it with you guys and your repressed homosexual fantasies? Really how about you keep it to cars, and drop your love of phallic symbols, its obvious that brings you some sort of comfort. And while we're at it how fast have you gone there smart guy? Really a serious question how fast? Did you ever find that post of me bashing your beloved head? I'm sure not.

Why would a car set up na want to race a power adder car? Lets hear your logic.....so far its the same lame azz cvcoolaidebutthurt crybabybullcrap cuz you cant run with a comparable power adder car.

Better yet why would a twin turbo car want to race a NA car? serious question

LOL - Are you ok? Does your internet emotions drive your lack of thought and understanding?

Go back and read my posts, I never called out a n/a car. You mentioned some BS about racing a n/a car so I said I wouldnt care if I raced a n/a car or a PA car.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post: