THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Thank you, I would much rather hear good news than bad.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 PM

Hi, I've been following this thread and I hope Mike's spirits continue to be upbeat. Sent $100 to Mike and family in memory of my beloved Jim Bratton (Mr-Bratt). Many prayers already sent up as well.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is the first time I've seen this post and I'm stunned.
Hoping Mike keeps punching and gets through this - it does and can happen.
I'm in and my checks on the way.
God bless Mike and his family.

1965 GTO Post Coupe, Burgundy w/Parchment, 467, Crower 60243, Rhoads V-Max, Ported 5C's, JB Roller Rockers, Original '66 Tripower, Dave's Small-body HEI, RA Exh Manifolds, 2.5" Exh X-pipe w/Super Turbo's and SS Splitters, Tremec TKO 600, 3.91 12-Bolt Posi w/bearing retainers, boxed frame, 4X Discs with hydro-boost, EPAS
Old 04-01-2014, 11:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Mr-Bratt View Post
Hi, I've been following this thread and I hope Mike's spirits continue to be upbeat. Sent $100 to Mike and family in memory of my beloved Jim Bratton (Mr-Bratt). Many prayers already sent up as well.

Thank you, Jim was very well liked here on PY.
I met him at Norwalk around 2002, really good guy.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Mr-Bratt View Post
Thank you Sharon- I know that Jim would have approved. He and Mike were cut from the same cloth. Always ready to help, and always willing to give.

Jim and I had some very interesting conversations.

Kurt

Old 04-02-2014, 08:46 PM

My wife and I went up to see Mike and meet his wife Chris. Mike and I had talked last Friday evening on the phone, and set up the date. That said, he had a procedure that day, and was pretty loaded up on the "feel good" drugs. When we got to his house, there was a sign taped to the back door. "No visitors today please, Mike is resting" or something of that sort. I knew Mike was expecting me, so I knocked anyway. We had a meal we had brought up for the family, and wanted to at least leave it. No answer, so I went to the inside door off the porch and knocked. I heard Mike yell out, so I opened the door and went in. Mike looked good overall, perhaps a bit tired, but he really rallied when he saw it was us. He had forgotten talking to me, but remembered as soon as I got in the door. He has... or is... weaning himself off the dilaudid. He said he couldn't function, and he couldn't stand it. Problem with that is he was not feeling well, feels very "Flu like".

It was good to see him and visit. He wasn't really feeling well, and we could tell that this wasn't one of the better days, so we didn't stay very long. I think of Mike like a brother, and it is hard to see him going through this.

I only wish that instead of $$, we could all carry a little of the burden that Mike has and he could be well again. Hope that sounded like I meant it.... it was from the heart. This is a perfect example of bad things happening to good people....

Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Goats Hogs, thanks for the update.

If I remember correctly I met you (with Mike) at the Larry Davis funeral. We had a nice short talk that day.

Mike has talked about you in the past, and I agree, I'd love to personally take on some of his pain to ease his suffering.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 AM

I remember that David. I met several of the members here that day for the first time. I was much more active on the forums back then, before they switched over to the new server. One of the first things I noticed when I logged in a couple of weeks ago (for the first time in a couple of years) was my location. I changed it a long time ago to read "Just South of a Moderator". Mike is only 30 miles north of me....

Also see there have been others that have passed. I didn't know about Mr-Bratt. I'm sure there have been others also, with lost ones or health issues. I'm going to check in more often, there are so many good people here and I don't want to lose touch.

Last edited by Goats_Hogs; 04-03-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile from last year's co-vention

Including Pont406, Rob B., Sasquatch and Rustie...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PYers at CoVention 13.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	359127  

Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
Including Pont406, Rob B., Sasquatch and Rustie...
Now thats a motley crue!!! Except for the handsome guy with the Coke in his hand....
When I see Mike, I think "Harry and the Hendersons".

Old 04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Folks...just received word that Mike, Chris, and the boys could all really use your thoughts and prayers.

He's still holding on, but has taken a turn toward the next stage.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

****!

Thoughts & prayers sent.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Way to go PY, Butler and FAST. You guys are the best.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ctor/#comments

Old 04-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't know Mike in person but always appreciated his posts regardless of whether we were agreeing or disagreeing about something. You can always feel when someone on the site has sincerity and passion for our hobby, Mike clearly did.

I lost my best friend to cancer at 25 and I sometimes think about all he has missed in the almost 25 years since. But I'm struggling to say something positive so I'll say the same thing I said back then to the family and friends of my deceased buddy;

Cancer is a terrible tragedy, especially in the prime of life, but if you look at it like, and compare it to, a fatal car accident or heart attack there is a blessing hidden inside that terrible thing.

You have the chance to plan, to say what needs to be said to your loved ones, to hear what loved ones need to say to you. I believe there is great value in that.

I gave $200 through PayPal, I hope everyone sees in their heart to give something no matter how much or how little.

Godspeed Mike

1969 LeMans (2dr & 4dr ht & Cvt)
1969 LeMans Safari wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 ht & Judge ht)
1969 Cat (3 Cvt’s & 2dr ht)
1969 Ventura wagon 2 seat
1969 Exec 4dr post
1969 Bonnie Cvt & 2 wagons
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr ht & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix 2 SJ’s
1969 2+2 2dr ht (Canadian)
Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sent via PayPal instead...............don't ask.

1965 GTO Post Coupe, Burgundy w/Parchment, 467, Crower 60243, Rhoads V-Max, Ported 5C's, JB Roller Rockers, Original '66 Tripower, Dave's Small-body HEI, RA Exh Manifolds, 2.5" Exh X-pipe w/Super Turbo's and SS Splitters, Tremec TKO 600, 3.91 12-Bolt Posi w/bearing retainers, boxed frame, 4X Discs with hydro-boost, EPAS
Old 04-05-2014, 01:24 PM

This is a sad loss for his family.

Let us all help out and donate now.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Reading this thread makes me appreciate this forum (I use the term forum because WE are the forum) way more than I did before Mike's untimely illness and death. And I truly felt like I was a part of something very special anyway. Mike's post saying how appreciative he was with is last expenses taken care of was truly humbling to me.
How very sad to lose one of our own.
How very special the way this forum rallied behind him, most of us having never met him.
My hat is off to you "guys".

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Reading this thread makes me appreciate this forum (I use the term forum because WE are the forum) way more than I did before Mike's untimely illness and death. And I truly felt like I was a part of something very special anyway. Mike's post saying how appreciative he was with is last expenses taken care of was truly humbling to me.
How very sad to lose one of our own.
How very special the way this forum rallied behind him, most of us having never met him.
My hat is off to you "guys".
Well said David.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 AM

Default Thanks so much to everyone

Its amazing how cars can bring people together. Its been that way my whole life since Matchbox cars. Mikes a car guy and so are you if you're reading this. I know he really appreciates all of you and the support you have given to his family over these past few weeks. Just wanted to say thanks for Mike.

Pic was yesteray at the calling. 4/6/14
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nixon Funeral.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	359652  

Old 04-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for posting the pic, Steve.