Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1964 gto door

Does anyone make complete door skins for the 1964 gto ? What do you you guys do when you need a door?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

keep looking in the 'For Sale' section of this website, they do appear, and remember, 64 and 65 doors are the same.

good luck with the search

Old 04-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are the same for '64 & '65 except for the lock retainer. The '64 lock cylinder is retained by a spring clip accessible next to the latch. On the '65, the door panel has to be removed take out the lock cylinder. There may be other differences, but I'm not aware of them. I've heard the sheet metal is slightly different from '64-'65, but I don't believe that--maybe just stamping die wear for the tens of thousands of pieces manufactured.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=Dick Boneske;5178756]They are the same for '64 & '65 except for the lock retainer. The '64 lock cylinder is retained by a spring clip accessible next to the latch. On the '65, the door panel has to be removed take out the lock cylinder. There may be other differences, but I'm not aware of them. I've heard the sheet metal is slightly different from '64-'65, but I don't believe that--maybe just stamping die wear for the tens of thousands of pieces manufactured.[/QUOTE Have seen plenty of 64 doors were no lock clip on the outside must had been a cut off date for them / or 2 designs . No skins are currently avail. Any good metal person can patch the rotted areas with steel unseen , you just need to find the right person .