Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had several professional "critiques" of my driving by both state and local agencies. Their "advice" didn't come cheap.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
I've had several professional "critiques" of my driving by both state and local agencies. Their "advice" didn't come cheap.
Funny, I have had a few of those professional "critiques" myself. (:>(

EXPENSIVE "critiques"

TV

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
You must be doing something wrong. Everytime I get their advice, it usually ends up being free!! Maybe you should have Chris around when that advice is being given. Twice now in the last year I was stopped for advice when he was with us and both times it didn't cost me a dime! I think he must have been flirting with the professionals while I was discussing the reasoning behind my driving actions....

Old 05-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
You must be doing something wrong. Everytime I get their advice, it usually ends up being free!! Maybe you should have Chris around when that advice is being given. Twice now in the last year I was stopped for advice when he was with us and both times it didn't cost me a dime! I think he must have been flirting with the professionals while I was discussing the reasoning behind my driving actions....
Clearly your antics were of the amateur level- and thus, the free advice. Once you're driving at my level there is no free advice.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Suspended

I took a 2 week class on defensive and security driving. Same training embassy staff get or overseas assignments. very very interesting.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When your wife navigates for you in the boat it can make for some pretty quiet trips home after the race. There is only 2 people to blame for an error and neither of us are ever wrong LOL. You are also sitting inches apart so I have been slapped on the helmet a few times.

You can usually tell how rough or smooth your run has been by the colour of the Navigators clenched hands and white face at the end (and the bruises on the upper arms LOL)

After 2 seasons motion sickness got the better of her and she couldn't get out of the boat for 20mins after a run (just had to sit there with her head between her legs and eyes closed). No fun and you cant swap navigators during eliminations so time for a change

We recruited another Navigator and wife was upgraded / relegated to video camera and critiquing my driving from the bank. I am not sure what was worse LOL.

Funnily enough your own kids are usually pretty blunt at giving advice and commenting on your driving. They tend to tell it like it is and are usually a pretty good source of driver tuneup

Probably my best driving training advice came from installing a data logger. Throttle position, lateral G's, Acc G's, pump inlet and outlet pressure etc etc are all a huge part of an often much needed driver tuneup (weather you like it or not LOL)

Navigator distress photos attached, not very professional driving LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feath1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	362724   Click image for larger version

Name:	jetsprints22nd 630.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	362725   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8425.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	362726  

Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No driving experience or training..but dam that boat ride would be COOOL!

Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Robertson View Post
No driving experience or training..but dam that boat ride would be COOOL!
Hell yeah it would!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Boost Engineer

The closest thing to that boat ride would be this:

http://vimeo.com/88309465

TV

PS This was not staged (Like Bullet) It was a real deal street race thru Paris.

This video is a local Ford Engineer's copy of the same type of deal. Again not staged.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh5...lrun-2006_auto

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 05-07-2014 at 09:47 PM.